Senior Lecturer, Digital Marketing
- Full-time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Teaching Focussed
- Level C – $119,899 – $137,724 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
This position will be required to prepare and deliver lectures and seminars, conduct tutorials and/or labs, contribute to the development of the research culture of the School, facilitate links between the School and industry, and participate in administrative and service activities as appropriate.
The Senior Lecturer will coordinate courses or coordinate and teach subjects providing a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or other sessions in online, blended or face-to-face modes.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- PhD degree or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes with a commitment to excellence in teaching, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
- Demonstrated ability to encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of students.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain funding for learning and teaching improvement projects from internal or external grants/contracts/consultancies.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program level.
- Demonstrated evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience, and the evaluation of effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Demonstrated evidence of the ability to influence the teaching practice of others.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively, collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- The successful applicant will be required to teach in an area of relevance to the School and in related areas as determined by the Head of the Department or School.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11 pm Thursday 25th November 2021
Position Enquiries: Nicola McNeil via email: email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (246)
Creative Intern, Vacancies at ADA, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on May 13, 2022 Internship