Senior Software Developer
The Senior Developer is responsible for the design and development of large-scale software and systems to support Pearson’s School Assessment business. The Senior Developer will be required to design, develop, implement and maintain software solutions in an agile development environment, using technologies/platforms such as Open Text Exstream, XML, shell scripts, CAWA, JIRA, Unix/Linux, and PDF/AFP Compare tools among others.
Develop software to produce customer-facing report PDFs and AFP output streams. Ability to create complex graphs and charts.
- Formulate systems scope and objectives.
- Prepare, write and review system documentation.
- Lead report development for several state assessment programs.
- Drive new development without requiring regular supervision.
- Works with Business Analysts, Business Program Teams and Operations to deliver complex solutions.
- Proficiently apply appropriate methodologies to design, develop, implement and maintain complex reporting software.
- Codes, tests and makes recommendations on software enhancements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, to different levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality solutions within scheduled timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to work overtime and on weekends on projects with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment or independently.
Must be a self-starter with willingness to learn and apply new technologies.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent education/experience required
- 5 years of professional software development required
- Experience designing and developing applications using Open Text Exstream required
- XML coding
- Experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux a plus
- Java Programming a plus
- Perl programming a plus
- Ability to perform accurate software project estimates
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with distributed teams
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $80k – $95k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Offered SalaryLKR 80,000 - LKR 100,000
Career LevelSenior Executive
Related Jobs (96)
NodeJS / AWS – SSE / ATL Jobs At 99X , Colombo, Sri Lanka on July 1, 2022 Full-Time