Senior Software Engineer – iOS
About the job
Senior Software Engineer – iOS
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation arm of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 58,000 associates, the company operates approximately 343 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is perfectly poised to transform one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire food service journey – from the enterprise grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes the way that Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer – iOS to join our team.
- Work on apps that revolutionize customer interaction at Sysco
- Be responsible for driving the development process from conception to release in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment
- This role is an opportunity to start at the ground level and develop the future of Sysco’s customer experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 2 – 4 years of experience developing on native iOS.
- A passion for iOS and a commitment to building award-winning apps.
- Proficient in Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Preferred experience with RxSwift, RxCocoa and MVVM
- Preferred experience with FRP (Functional Reactive Programming)
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with publishing apps to Apple App Store
- A passion for building consumer facing applications with elegant and clean interfaces
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
- Knowledge on Node.js, GraphQL and Apollo is an added advantage
- A kind and generous attitude towards customers and coworkers alike
- Have a passion for code-quality and expertise in usability, and mobile standards
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (258)
Backend Developer Intern, Vacancies At Nimi, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on August 8, 2022 Internship
Software Engineers Jobs At Codegen, Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 8, 2022 Full-Time