Senior Software Engineer
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 80 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. With revenues over €5.2 billion in 2013 we provide learning materials, technologies, assessments and services to teachers and students in order to help people everywhere aim higher and fulﬁll their true potential. We put the learner at the center of everything we do..
Pearson Lanka is a core part of Pearson’s global Learning Technologies team. We build and manage some of the industry leading cloud based learning platforms that serve millions of students across the world. Over the years, we have built a strong Agile Development team, and we are now looking to expand aggressively over the next 12 months. The industry leading cloud-based technology platforms of Pearson help educate more than 30 million students across the globe.
The 800+ strong engineering team based out of the Colombo office works dedicatedly to service Pearson technology companies located in North America, Europe and Australia. At Pearson, we aim to be the best company to work for in the world. It is part of our philosophy to provide benefits, profit share plans, development opportunities and a culture that beats
anywhere else. If you are ‘always learning’, and have a passion for technology and creativity, send in your resume and join our exciting engineering culture.
The role of the Technical Lead will involve Leading teams throughout the full development lifecycle. This is a quick moving, Agile environment, working within a variety of technologies with a strong focus on incremental delivery, continuous integration, test driven development (TDD) across web based systems and architectures. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who will be expanding and be able to offer excellent career prospects for the right individual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Required to provide technical leadership to a team of software developers
- Responsible for the core software engineering tasks in a project team
- Required to work with dynamic teams that are driven by project delivery goals
- Should process the drive to learn and continuously improve on work performances
Makes optimum utilization of engineering tools and technologies to maintain a high productivity level in the team and achieve On-time delivery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Very good understanding of Design Principles
- Good technical knowledge and hands-on experience in Java and NodeJs.
- Good technical knowledge and hands-on experience in React JS/ Angular JS/ JQuery
- Good understanding of Deployment Architectures
- Team-worker with strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact promptly and professionally with the teams across different time zones.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Hands-on experience in Oracle 11g and PLSQL will be a plus point.
- Having Linux knowledge.
- Understanding of Agile principles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Individual should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Information Technology/Management.
- Minimum of 5 years of post qualified experience in the industry
- Certifiaction/ Special Trainings
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelSenior Executive
Related Jobs (48)
Software Engineer at Dialog Axiata PLC in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2022 Full-Time
Implementation Engineer – Intern, Opportunity At Codevus, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2022 Internship
Software Engineer Intern, Opportunity at TeamUp, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2022 Internship
Software Developer Jobs At Pearson, Chennai, India on September 23, 2022 Full-Time
Principal Software Engineer Jobs At Pearson, Sri Lanka on September 23, 2022 Full-Time
Intern – IT, Vacancies At ADA, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 20, 2022 Internship
Software Java Developer Jobs At Pearson, United States on September 16, 2022 Full-Time