Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic team based in Sri Lanka. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Design and implement full websites and modular components on WordPress and other platforms.
- Collaborate with members of a creative team.
- Manage front-end and back-end website development.
- Create WordPress plug-ins and themes.
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve website problems for clients and co-workers.
- Stay up to date with new developments in software, trends, and practices
- Manage security updates.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Develop SEO-friendly sites.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Provide technical and maintenance support to clients for implementations and support for the most complex, unusual, intermittent, or undefined issues.
- Escalate high-priority requests to the team.
- Liaise with clients as much as possible with daily updates regarding open tickets or take follow-ups with clients and the team.
- Assist to develop technical support and maintenance programs for clients engaged in a Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Work 8am-5pm AEST, with the possibility of working overtime for critical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design, Database Design, and XML Schema
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organise, and prioritise work
- The ability to problem-solve.
- Past experience and high-level understanding of the WordPress platform.
- Knowledge of building front end interfaces.
- Experience using debugging tools such as Firebug and Chrome Inspector.
- Debugging knowledge of WordPress.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to manage projects as per the SLA.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as git.
- Experience using Atlassian/Jira
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (313)
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 2, 2023 Full-Time
Associate Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at Calcey in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time
Trainee Software Engineer Jobs at Fidenz Academy in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Ideahub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 1, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Axiata Digital Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on February 1, 2023 Full-Time