Senior Software Engineer (React Native/Full Stack)
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineers with minimum 4 years of experience to join our exciting and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. This position is a hands-on development position where you will be responsible for the development of Wiley’s Research, Education and Corporate Learning platforms. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of Java and React to work closely with architects, engineers, and product owners to create complex applications. You will also ensure your commitment to the highest quality standards both in functional and non-functional areas.
How you will make an impact:
- Architect, build, and maintain excellent React Native applications while following clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Knowledge of developing, testing, and support web-based applications and API development using Node.js, React JS and microservices-oriented architecture would be considered as an advantage.
- Work independently, yet under the guidance of the team lead, architects, BAs and other stake holders, committed to quality and timely delivery.
- Take the lead on design discussions and guide and mentor the junior engineers. Provide code reviews.
- Be responsible for maintaining the health of production system and attend any production incidents providing quick fixes/work arounds.
- Follow Agile and DevOps methodology with total ownership of the development.
- Through understanding of engineering best practices and nonfunctional requirements.
- Follow latest relevant technologies, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies, and processes.
- Helping with interviews and the hiring process of new team members.
What we look for:
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in computer science or an equivalent qualification.
- Over 4 years of solid experience in developing applications using React Native.
- Experience in Node JS, React JS, and SQL/NoSQL databases such as MySQL and Mongo DB would be an added advantage.
- Ability to guide/mentor junior developers while working with leads and architects on designing applications.
- Solid communication skills enabling working with stakeholders from across the company.
- Strong background of architecting and developing high-end/customer-facing online platforms.
- Good working knowledge of caching technologies, front-end technologies and web architecture.
- A good understanding of Quality Engineering principles and practices will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with CI/CD build/deploy pipelines, and modern DevOps practices like Git-Ops.
- Good understanding of technology methodologies including Agile (SCRUM), continuous integration/ continuous development and automation.
- Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience4 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (33)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time