Senior Software Quality Engineer
An Engineer with experience and passionate in technology, working designing, executing functional and non-functional testing especially with coding and automation tools. An Individual capable of working independently and is in the threshold of taking up leadership roles in the team.
- Avid in learning and exploring recent technology.
- An individual with an amiable attitude
- Good team player and willing to work in challenging environments.
- Good analytical & communication skills
- A Self Starter with a sense of Accountability & Leadership
- Work as the team’s QE point of contact for all technical detail.
- Mentor peers, subordinates and thereby help improve the overall QE technical savvy index.
- Design and Automate Test Cases in par with industry standards.
- Improve the efficiency of test cases by working closely with Developers and understanding the implementations.
- Perform reviews on test cases automated by peers and subordinates.
- Own & create Test Repositories, Artifacts and collaborate with assignees in maintaining standards.
- Establish a CI/CD setup using automated tools i.e., Jenkins, Bamboo..etc. with other stakeholders I.e., DevOps teams to ensure efficient & High-Quality in deliverables.
- Conduct functional testing on UI, API components with industry-recognized tools & frameworks I.e., Selenium, SoapUI, Rest Assured…etc.
- Conduct Non-functional testing (Performance, Security, Accessibility…etc.) with industry-recognized tools.
- Make a positive impact on the organization’s Quality Engineering technical practices through innovative ideas & concepts.
Skills & Expertise
- A wizard in technical frameworks able to highlight solutions using them for technical impediments.
- Hands-on experience in Object Oriented Programming concepts through a widely adopted programming language (Java, C#…etc.)
- Good experience with Non-functional industry test Automation tools & technologies.
- Hands-on experience in Defect management & Triage.
- Good understanding of principles of stakeholder collaboration.
- A thorough experience with Software Engineering and Quality Engineering methodologies, principles & solution architectures
- A good understanding of the latest Network, Cloud technologies & breakthroughs.
- Familiarity with Test Management tools such as HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), JIRA…etc.
- Hands-on experience with writing Unit tests & performing Product deployments will be an advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience of overall Software Quality Engineering with 2+ years hands-on experience in Quality Engineering technical aspects.
- Experience with working in an Agile team & a good sense of understanding about DevOps.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- ISTQB Certified Technical Test Analyst – Advanced Level (Preferred).
- Oracle Certified Associate in J2EE, AWS Certifications or Any Valid Technical Certification (Preferred).
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 10516
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (390)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship
Senior Graphic Designer Jobs at Wonder Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Graphic Designer Jobs at Visual Studios Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer Jobs at CAREER141 in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 31, 2023 Full-Time