Senior Specialist, Regulatory Affairs
- To assist Group Head of Regulatory Affairs in influencing and shaping the regulatory environment in edotco Group operating markets to help maximise business opportunities and minimize regulatory risks.
• Assist in planning, coordinating, executing and managing edotco Group’s regulatory strategies, policies, practices, procedures and general positioning in relation to the infrastructure sector specifically and communications sector generally.
• Undertake opportunity and risk scanning against changes in relevant policy and legislation, and developments in the regulatory environment and provide effective and timely regulatory advice and solution in response.
• Undertake regulatory analysis, regulatory benchmarking and engagement decks on relevant topics to complement engagement strategies.
• Assist in aligning new developments or opportunities with overall business strategy to ensure maximum business opportunities and minimal regulatory risks.
• Track in-country public consultation process, assist in drafting cogent regulatory responses and socialise positions with identified key stakeholders.
• Ensure effective compliance with respective countries’ Telecommunications Act, regulations and License Conditions.
• Assist in influencing and shaping the regulatory environment of edotco Group through effective stakeholder management.
• Undertake periodical assessment and review of the efficacy of stakeholder engagement strategy for continuous improvement.
• Maintain effective and good rapport with key government officials, regulators, industry peers and relevant external stakeholders.
• Assist in developing and executing edotco Group International regulatory engagement strategy to raise regional and international profile.
• Facilitate edotco Group’s contribution to shaping the regulatory environment regionally and internationally.
• Maintain effective and good working relationship with international/multi-lateral agencies, trade associations and business partners.
• Assist in providing inputs to strategic direction in the review, development and recommendation of new products and services and new business for edotco Group to ensure compliance to all relevant rules and regulations and to maximize profit.
• Assist in establishing international regulatory framework directory to assist new ventures in analysing potential new investments, which include but not limited to briefs on licensing requirement and regulatory restrictions in each jurisdictions.
Compliance & Risk Mitigation
• Facilitate enhanced compliance by edotco Group with applicable sector laws, regulations and other regulatory obligations by implementing Regulatory Compliance Framework across edotco Group.
• Oversee regulatory reporting and provide support to corporate initiatives such as governance and risk management at edotco Group level.
• Provide regulatory support to edotco Group business expansion and M&A initiatives through regulatory environment scanning and due diligence.
• Enhance capacity and capability of regulatory staff.
• Co-develop initiatives to improve skills level, general awareness of regulatory issues and overall effectiveness of regulatory staff.
• Assist in development and implementation of ‘best practices’ modules for edotco Group including optimal regulatory management framework.
- Group Strategy & Commercial on all projects for information gathering, government liaison, events coordination, strategic alliance proposals and international ventures etc
- M&A for regulatory risk assessment
- Site Acquisition for compliance and dealings with local government and state-backed companies on approvals
- Finance for enterprise risk framework and understanding tax issues, tax implications of regulatory issues
- In-country regulatory heads for issue escalation and regular updates
- Legal for legal consultation
- Corporate Communications – government liaison
- Relevant ministries, policy makers, international organisations, think tanks, trade associations and industry forums
Type and length of experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Law, Communications Engineering, Finance, Business or equivalent;
- Postgraduate qualifications or MBA would be a strong advantage
- At least 10 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry with exposure to the regulatory environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Possess strong and convincing negotiation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of international regulatory developments and global best practices – i.e. Asia Pacific Tele community, International Telecommunication Union, SATRC, GSMA, Tower Exchange, etc
- Familiar with telecommunications operations for both wired and wireless services
- Have established good rapport at working level with regulators across edotco’s in-country markets
- Proficient with all country telecom policy frameworks, Telecommunications Acts and relevant subsidiary legislation.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- QualificationBachelor's Degree