Senior Specialist, Site Reliability, UnaVista
- Act as primary point-of-contact (PoC) on all cloud infrastructure issues.
- Platform: manage, configure and troubleshoot issues relating to Database, Windows, Storage Account (Blob storage), networking (VPCs, proxies and CDNs), and administer high-availability clusters.
- Specialize in systems (Database, operating systems, storage subsystems, networking), while implementing best practices for availability, reliability and scalability.
- Knowledge of defining and monitoring system quality measures, including SLO and SLA.
- Compile KPIs and evangelize the adoption of best practices in relation to performance and reliability across the platform.
- Maintain project and operational workload statistics.
- Provide a solid foundation for building and maintaining successful SRE functions.
- Work collaboratively with Application Management team to define infrastructure and deployment requirements; be a sounding board and provide recommendations for engineering around Azure services
- Be the driving force behind our Automation and Observability initiatives
- Train and mentor the Application Management team on Cloud related issues.
- Be on an on-call rotation to respond to incidents that impact UnaVista platform availability and provide support to App Man during major incidents.
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of Azure infrastructure.
- Embed into SRE projects and on-call rotations to keep your skills sharp and stay close to the operational workflows and issues.
- Build monitoring that alerts on symptoms rather than on outages.
- Work on systems: edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Hands-on experience collecting Windows, DB performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning.
- Strong working knowledge on troubleshooting Azure Windows Vm’s related issues.
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server / RDBMS knowledge preferably working experience with very large databases in TB’s.
- Experience with and deep knowledge of SQL Server/ Equivalent RDBMS.
- Strong programming skills: PowerShell or at least any Shell scripting background.
- Collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, work on a solution to fix it.
- Previous Financial industry experience is a plus.
- Exposure to DevOps.
- Experience of using and implementing IT vendor products such as DataDog, Moosoft, Atlassian tool suite, Salesforce, ServiceNow.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to function successfully under pressure.
- Ability to work alone on projects/BAU work and deliver with minimum supervision where required.
- Maintain good working relationships with stakeholders from within and external to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (158)
- Senior Software Engineer (iOS ) Jobs at PickMe In Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Backend Engineer Jobs at Sydpro – Sri Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- PHP Developer Jobs at SilverStripers in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 22, 2023 Full-Time