Service Desk Analyst
IFS is a billion-dollar revenue company with 5000+ employees on all continents. We deliver award-winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service™.
At IFS, we’re flexible, we’re innovative, and we’re focused not only on how we can engage with our customers, but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society’s greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We’re looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we’ll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
As part of IFS commitment to delivering moments of service, IFS is creating a Customer Service Desk that will be the single ‘front door’ serving as primary point of contact for customers. The Service Desk therefore plays a critical role in forming customers’ perceptions of IFS and our services.
In this critical role, the Service Desk is responsible for effectively managing customer expectations, setting the organizational standard for customer engagement, serving as a communication channel between customers and the wider IFS organization and, whenever possible, providing a first-contact resolution for customers.
The IFS Service Desk includes a dedicated Call Center and fulfils the following obligations:
- Clarifies the issue with the customer;
- provides a first-contact resolution wherever possible;
- owns and manage each case, keeping on top of it and ensuring that resolver groups working on resolution through subordinate work items are engaged and making progress in reasonable and timely manner;
- provides a regular cadence of proactive updates to the customer in clear English language;
- responds to customer requests and queries;
- effectively manages customer expectations;
- sets the organizational standard for customer engagement
- serves as a communication channel between customers, partners and the wider IFS organization; and
- ensures that each case is concluded with the creation of a new knowledgebase article (KBA) or association with an existing one to facilitate future self-service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be responsible for receiving and managing resolution of reported issues and requests from IFS customers to deliver a level of service that fulfils our obligations and delights our customers. You will achieve this through: –
- Discharging the duties outlined in the summary above;
- Triaging and acknowledging incoming cases;
- thorough and empathetic understanding of the issue being experienced by the customer through analysis of the information provide and requesting additional information if required;
- assessing business impact and urgency to accurately assign case priority;
- providing first contact resolution using your own experiences, technical skills and information sources available to you;
- identifying and initiating appropriate subordinate activities (Incident, SR etc) and assigning to the appropriate resolver groups
- effective collaboration with your colleagues and resolver groups within the IFS community to secure frequent meaningful customer updates and adherence to all relevant SLAs, SLOs and KPIs;
- ensuring that each case is concluded with creation by the most appropriate IFS party of a new knowledgebase article (KBA) or association with an existing one to facilitate future self-service;
- working to ensure the service desk is constantly developed and improved;
- possessing the personal competencies described below; and
- de-escalating volatile situations directly with customers when things are not working
- delivering service via a 24 x 7 Shift Operation
OVERALL REQUIRED COMPETENCE
- Fluent interpersonal and communication skills in the English language, both written and verbal skills being essential to the success of this role;
- the ability to work well with others regardless of function;
- accepting of responsibility, accountability, and ownership;
- commitment to delivering on deadlines and other targets;
- a strong ability to be pragmatic, structured, forward-thinking, and dependable;
- calmness under pressure;
- acting by example and setting the tone;
- understanding other parties’ needs and balancing stakeholders;
- managing own time efficiently and effectively;
- an ability to bring individuals across resolver groups together to deliver customer success;
- flexibility to work to deadlines and needs of the role;
- problem-solving skills and the ability to change approach based on information gathered during the process;
- strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- an ability to negotiate with a possibly unfriendly customer to reach mutually acceptable results; and
- a natural ability to live the IFS Corporate values of Agile, Collaborative, Trustworthy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least two years’ experience in enterprise or cloud service delivery is essential in a similar role
- ITIL v3/4 certification will be of major benefit
- Experience using ServiceNow or a competing service desk product operated to ITIL convention will also be of major benefit
- Experience of working in modern knowledge management tooling such as the ServiceNow knowledge base, Sharepoint Online, Confluence or others will be beneficial
- Proven experience of working in a service desk environment is highly desirable and will work in your favour
- Degree in IT, Business Management or related discipline
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (385)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship
Senior Graphic Designer Jobs at Wonder Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Graphic Designer Jobs at Visual Studios Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer Jobs at CAREER141 in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 31, 2023 Full-Time