Software Engineer (Full-Stack) – Remote
The Software Developer is responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing to produce high-quality code for a project team responsible for supporting a number of cutting edge assessment technology platforms. They will use industry best practices while working in a team of high-performing professionals. They are also responsible for maintaining and supporting mission-critical applications as necessary.
This requisition is part of the Pearson/MZD team, which develops innovative assessment technology platforms. One of the team’s primary responsibilities is supporting a number of technology platforms that deliver exams to test takers, score and report results. We are now in the midst of building our next generation assessment platform, which is a multi-year project with enormous strategic value, leveraging state of the art technologies and processes. We are looking for outstanding candidates to bolster the staff of this critical project.
LOCATION: Remote – US
The Pearson/MZD development team is comprised of a small group of inspired developers that thrive on developing cutting edge applications, with a passion for innovation and pride in producing excellent user experiences. Our work environment is collaborative, casual, flexible, agile and results driven. Since the business provides a mission-critical service to a demanding set of clients, high-quality performance is required to meet customer expectations.
The Software Developer will
● Implement & Perform – Implement designs following Pearson coding standards and industry best practices
● Analyze & Design – Ensure business and requirements artifacts are created that effectively model the customer’s requirements. Use tooling and best practices to create design models from requirements
● Review – Participate in requirements, design and code reviews
● Test & Deployment – Work closely with other teams (e.g., QA, configuration management, end users) to release high quality software. Create testable requirements and write and execute unit tests
● Quality/process improvement – Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve process and product quality in pursuit of excellence
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $80-100k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationNot Specified
Related Jobs (44)
- Senior Frontend Developer Jobs at Kognitiv Corporation in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- DevOps Application Engineer Jobs at Synopsys Inc in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Data Engineer Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Internship at Almas Equities in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Internship
- Senior Game Developer Jobs at Matific in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer II Jobs at Zebra Technologies in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Java Jobs at Digiratina in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer (iOS) Jobs at Aeturnum in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior DevOps Engineers Jobs at Sysco LABS in Western Province, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior PHP Developer Jobs at Techlabs Global Private Ltd in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time