Software Engineering Lead Position Sri Lanka
Headquartered in Singapore, we aims to leverage AI and Blockchain technologies to digitally transform the Tea and Gemstone industries. Collaborating with our business partners in both these prominent sectors in Sri Lanka, we have the ambition to accomplish a fair outcome for all stakeholders in the entire value-chain through innovative and accessible digital services. We seek talented and energetic individuals who are keen to pursue an exciting career to realize their peak potential. You will be immersed in a stimulating environment of design thinking and experimentation to build applications for the Tea and Gemstone domains using AI and Blockchain technologies. We invest in your personal and career growth including mentorship programs and opportunities to pursue post-graduate degrees in Singapore.
We are part of the 150 year old company and our global operations spans from Japan/Korea/Taiwan/China across to South East Asia, and extends to Sri Lanka/India, stretching to as far as the Middle-East, Turkey and Europe. Anchored in our values of Passion for Excellence, Strength through Teamwork, Care for People and Innovation through Technology, we believe in working and playing, not just as a team, but as a family.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing team as the Software Engineering Lead. Ideal candidate should have experience as Senior Software Engineer or Associate Tech Lead. The hire will lead and be responsible for designing, developing, expanding, and optimizing software. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in designing, developing and maintaining quality of software. They will work with the other software developers, both inhouse and external, on data-oriented software initiatives and will ensure that the quality and efficiency is high and consistent throughout ongoing projects. Ability to review codes and ensure readability is a must. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of designing and building our company’s software systems to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
They will be among the first to join the company and will be part of a comparatively small team working together. This allows for fast career progression, professional development, and personal growth as they will possess more decision power and the ability to help set the direction of tech development.
- Design, develop and maintain optimal software architecture & merge source
- Write detailed software specifications and maintain documentation throughout every step of the development.
- Lead the software development of the company with internal and external
- Test and deploy to production server
- Participate in the full life cycle of products from equipment analysis to design, development, localisation, customisation, deployment and maintenance
- Code review and ensure high-quality and readable code
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive and Development teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Evaluate software systems and provide opinions
- Advanced working knowledge of building scalable
- Experience building and optimizing software architectures and cloud
- Ability to write good software specification documents and software documentation
- Strong analytic skills and problem solving
- Strong project management and organizational
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic
- We are looking for a graduate candidate with 5 years of experience in a Data Engineer role. A Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field or very high level of experience and proven track record where a degree is not available.
- Knowledge of the following software/tools:
- Experience with entire software development lifecycle
- Experience with working with software development teams
- Experience with popular cloud services and developing cloud solutions
- Experience with several languages and tools: Python, Java, C++, React, Redux, JS, Typescript, HTML5, CSS, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, would come in handy.
Send your CVS to; email@example.com
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology