Software Quality Engineer
Responsible for the software quality engineering tasks in a project team. An engineer passionate in technology primarily responsible for automation aspects of functional and non-functional testing while breaking barriers by getting involved in early life cycle stages such as analysis & design to help identify issues that could compromise quality. Should possess the drive to learn and continuously improve on work performance. Should work with peer software quality engineers in testing quality code. The individual will be required to participate in periodic appraisal cycles to evaluate and determine advancement opportunities.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Listed below are the typical duties and responsibilities expected of an individual for the job title described in this document.
- The items specified below are a guideline of the minimum expectations for the job title; changes will be made on a case-by-case basis for individuals who show potential to take on more opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Work in an agile team adapting the Quality Engineering/DevOps culture.
- Test Design & Test Automation aligning with industry standards.
- Maintain Test Repositories & Artifacts accurately and with expected quality in industry-recognized platforms such as Bitbucket, GitLab..etc.
- Leverage automation to improve overall efficiency on other related project activities.
- Establish a CI/CD setup using automated tools i.e., Jenkins, Bamboo..etc. with other stakeholders I.e., DevOps teams to ensure efficient & High-Quality in deliverables.
- Conduct functional testing on UI, API components with industry-recognized tools & frameworks I.e., Selenium, SoapUI, Rest Assured…etc.
- Conduct Non-functional testing (Performance, Security, Accessibility…etc.) with industry-recognized tools.
- Align self to organizational goals
- Adhere to Pearson values and ethical practices.
- Maintains a sense of individuality in thinking and decision making.
- Is a professional in work aspects as well as conduct with other individuals.
This position has no managerial responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Individual should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Information Technology.
- Individuals who have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or a specialization in the Engineering field will also be considered.
- The individual should have a minimum of two (2) years of industry experience in Software Quallity Engineering / Software Testing and preferably some experience in a leadership role.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- 2+ years of experience in supporting Agile teams in developing all levels of tests, such as service tests, integration, and functional end-to-end test (microservices, Docker, Azure, Selenium)
- Strong knowledge of new/advanced techniques and approaches in testing and automation (e.g. BDD, TDD Rapid Software Testing).
- Good knowledge of Smoke and Regression testing best practices.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and experience in defect management
- Experience in working as Agile testing member to help the development team to apply the Agile testing mindset and best practices.
- Good programming skills (e. g. Java, scripting languages) and knowledge in test automation
- Good knowledge with Continuous Integration pipelines (e. g. Jenkins), testing of web services and GUI-Testing
- Expertise in the usage and testing of frontend frameworks (e.g. Angular, React)
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence.
- Future and Customer focused – foresees issues and gaps with keeping end user perspective.
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Amazon Certifications
- Oracle Certifications ( Java , Middleware , Database , Operating Systems)
- Microsoft Certifications
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Zend Certified Engineer (ZCE)
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (29)
QA Automation Engineer Jobs at Clevertech in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 28, 2023 Full-Time
Director of Quality Assurance Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on March 27, 2023 Full-Time
Software Quality Engineer Jobs at Pearson in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on March 21, 2023 Full-Time