Systems Support Analyst
The Systems Support Analyst (SSA) is a member of the Information Technology team. The SSA is responsible for building and supporting SharePoint websites used for client conferences where educators review and validate certification exams developed by Pearson and state departments of education. The SSA builds SharePoint sites and supports Pearson employees during conferences via MS Teams chat, Quick Assist, and phone.
Understand Pearson’s collaboration, workflow, data, and document management standard configuration for SharePoint conferences
- Work closely with business users and Information Technology colleagues to analyze and determine detailed business requirements as they relate to SharePoint solutions
- Build SharePoint staging and production sites using in-house developed PowerShell scripts
- Modify site content using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Test production SharePoint Conference sites setup by colleagues
- Provide Tier 2 SharePoint and MS Teams conference connectivity support on Windows and Mac computers. This includes issues such as creating Microsoft accounts, connecting to SharePoint, and resolving microphone/video issues with conferences on Windows and Mac browsers
- Troubleshoot SharePoint access issues
- Grant and remove SharePoint site and library access
- Support Quality Assurance manual testing activities for conference script releases
Perform other information Technology duties as assigned which may include, but not be limited to technical support, conference equipment setup/support, and quality assurance.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience as a support analyst (desktop or application support)
- Experience coordinating a business process
- Experience working with internal business partners
- Ability to research and provide real-time assistance on SharePoint, teleconferencing software, and Office 365 issues
- Experience with online conferencing and team collaboration tools, preferably with Microsoft Teams
- Minimum one year of experience working in an Office 365 (cloud and desktop) environment.
- Minimum one year of experience with SharePoint, preferably SharePoint administration.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, including experience using functions
Experience executing commands via a command line OS (Windows Command Prompt, Linux)
PowerShell experience (running scripts)
Experience documenting business processes and procedures
- High School diploma, or equivalent; bachelor’s degree is preferred
This is a full-time position. Candidates should be available during standard business hours and be flexible to shift hours to support early conference starts (7:15 AM) and/or occasional conferences that run late ending at 8:00 PM. Time references are Eastern time.
This position will serve in a hybrid remote / office format working remotely with in-office activities as required.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (12)
Junior Executive – Tech Systems, Careers At MTI Consulting, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 28, 2022 Full-Time
DevOps – SSE / ATL / TL Jobs At 99X, Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 16, 2022 Full-Time
Cloud and Hosting Services Engineer Jobs At Pearson, Durham, North Carolina on September 16, 2022 Full-Time
Information Security Manager Jobs At Pearson, Bangalore, India on September 9, 2022 Full-Time
Senior IT Admin Jobs at Suger Global in Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 29, 2022 Full-Time
Information Technology Manager, Careers At CWIT, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on August 19, 2022 Full-Time