Account Manager – Modern Trade
Function: Customer Development
Would you like to work in a place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do? You can create a better business and better world by working on brands that are loved and improve the lives of millions while you learn from brilliant business leaders!
We have an opportunity for Account Manager – Modern Trade, see more information below.
But first, an important message.
Diversity is one of our most relevant pillars in people management and our main objective is to develop an internal environment open to the multiplicity of world views, through inclusion without stereotypes. This allows us to value the best professionals, bringing together different profiles and operating styles, and to face with greater propriety the current and future challenges of the company.
At Unilever, more than 50% of leadership positions are held by women. And we want more diversity in our company. In this way, we consider all candidates for our vacancies, regardless of disability, race, color, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, or any other diversity
Is this position made for you?
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for the achievement of turnover and managing the P&L of your assigned customer at a category level as well as for the implementation and optimization of category strategies with the customer.
How would you create a better world?
- Develop the customer strategic business plan for the respective categories and work out a joint customers business plan for the respective categories.
- Work closely in collaboration with the category managers for category input, and with customer marketing for the banner/channel plan.
- Develop optimal integrated promotion plan (including selling the plan at the customer) and manage promotion investments.
- Manage the customers P&L for the respective categories.
- Deliver the agreed plan, follow-up achievement of counterparts set in the agreement.
- Close the deal with the customers by negotiating the trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the Unilever strategy for the categories.
- Manage any investments related to the customer.
- Monitor customer performance by tracking customer contribution and market share for major categories.
- Act as active ambassador of Unilever at the customer and of the customer at Unilever.
- Participate actively to account managers meetings and looking for the best solution for the business.
Your key stakeholders will be…
- National Account Manager
- Head of Modern Trade
- CD Ops team
- Category Head(s)
- Demand Planning team
- Customer Service Manager
- National Logistics Manager
- Customer operations & head office teams
- CD Finance Manager – Modern Tarde
What’s important for you to have in this position?
- Candidate must be a graduate or possess a relevant professional qualification with a passion for a career in Sales.
- Candidate must be willing to travel, and posses a valid driver’s license.
- Be a good team player and demonstrate commitment to the organization and the team members.
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the reader.
- Experience in sales related function such as field sales/key account management/trade marketing will be an added advantage.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (1)
- Marketing Internship at Finetech Consultancy in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 12, 2024 Internship