Account Security Lead, Trust and Safety-Google
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in technical leadership/people management.
- Experience in deriving insights, root-causes, and intelligence from data sources.
- Experience in security, malware, network engineering, or identity related topics.
- Experience with data collection/transformation workflows and database design.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence cross-functionally at various levels.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
You will be responsible for a team of analysts that assess and address threats against Google accounts. You are keen to identify and solve complex problems and have excellent analytical and technical skills. You are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, innovative and are able to work well in a fast-paced, global, cross-functional, and team-oriented environment and demonstrate technical know-how, effective communication to get things done.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Provide technical leadership to analysts working on account security.
- Perform in-depth data analysis and look for patterns and trends to identify potential new security issues, understand attack vectors, and build detection systems.
- Transform data into intelligence to prevent, detect, and mitigate abuse and use data to perform root-cause analyses on detected abusive incidents.
- Design, develop, and maintain reliable data-processing infrastructure, metrics, and dashboards.
- Evaluate impact and quality of new signals on various account-related products across Google.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology