The candidate would be responsible to Oversee the finance department and maintain the financial health of the company covering the following.
- Oversee the end-to-end operations of the finance department including monitoring budgets and performance.
- Overall cash flow management including recoveries, payments, and treasury decisions.
- Monitoring the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements including monthly and annual closing of accounts.
- Implementation and monitoring of the internal controls of the finance department.
- Overseeing the commodity import process and providing input on trends in revenue, costs, and pricing.
- Produce and interpret financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, revenue, and expenses.
- Based on the reports, providing the directors with insightful financial and business analysis, highlight business issues, risks, and opportunities from a strategic growth perspective.
- Analyzing and reporting on the performance of investments and proposing courses of action based on the strategic direction of the company and the business plan.
- Liaising with banks and financial institutions to secure funding.
- Liaise with auditors, Tax Consultants, Corporate Secretaries, Tenants, Suppliers, and other interested parties of the Business.
- Correspond with various other departments, Banks, Financial Institutions, and Government Authorities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Fully qualified degree in finance, accounting, or related fields and partly qualified in ACCA or CASL would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Hands-on experience in Imports.
- Exposure to Commodity Imports would be an added advantage.
- Strong Attention to detail and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Excellent Communication skills in English and Sinhala/Tamil.
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Age below 45
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
- QualificationProfessional Certificate
Related Jobs (14)
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Group Taxation Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Product Specialist – Pricing Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Accountant Jobs at Sheraton Hotels & Resorts in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Finance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Executive Jobs at John Keells Information Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Accountant Jobs at CAREER141 in Colombo, Sri Lanka (On-site) on August 21, 2023 Full-Time
- Assistant Accountant Jobs at MegaPay (Pvt) Ltd. in Colombo, Sri Lanka on August 10, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Analyst FP&A, G&A Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on August 9, 2023 Full-Time