About the Role:
The Administrative Intern assists with Wiley- Software Engineering Department activities as determined and directed by the management team in the department. Additionally, the Administrative Intern shall assist and work with the other departments at Wiley as well as outside industrial bodies as required. The Administrative Intern will be responsible for assisting the staff with general organization level duties including, but not limited to, research, collecting information, and presenting and general coordination.
How you will make an impact:
- Communicating with members in the department to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Conduct internal sessions to meet the expected goals and objectives in internal processes such as appraisal cycles, Business Continuity planning, Training needs, etc.
- Providing support to staff members across the departments as needed
- Tracking department budgets and submitting requisitions for additional funding as needed
- Conducting research on potential process improvements and industry trends for which the company performs its businesses.
- Preparing presentations for internal and strategic meetings based on various topics based on the need
- Helping with marketing efforts by creating flyers and brochures promoting company culture and practices across the industry
- Engage with the management team and other departments to conduct sessions with universities and other industry bodies.
What we look for:
- Undergraduate in IT or Business Management
- High degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability; specifically, the ability to work as a self-starter – especially as it relates to calling on resources outside the firm.
- Resourcefulness in finding information and answers from within and outside the company without prompting or micromanagement; a “consummate” self-starter.
- Respect for details; ability to execute accurately at a high level.
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals with prudence and a sense of urgency.
- Articulate communication skills – verbal, pictorial, and numerical.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally grow.
- General knowledge of the software industry and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Desire to invest your passion and commitment to a vision you feel you can embrace and contribute to the growth of the company and its success.
- A willingness and flexibility to do “whatever it takes” for “whoever needs it” foster the growth and success of the business.
- Ability to embrace and live the company’s Core Integrity.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelEntry Level
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (564)
Software Engineer -Web Jobs At Bileeta in Colombo Sri Lanka on June 30, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Java Developer Jobs At Algonomy in Colombo Sri Lanka on June 30, 2022 Full-Time
Full stack Engineer Jobs At Thirdfort in Colombo Sri Lanka on June 30, 2022 Full-Time
Backend Engineering Jobs At Thirdfort in Colombo Sri Lanka on June 30, 2022 Full-Time