Assistant/associate professorship in Data-Intensive Systems and Applications
The IT University’s vision is to create and share knowledge that is profound and leads to ground-breaking information technology and services for the benefit of humanity. The Computer Science Department seeks to conduct research and education that are both foundational and have impact on industry and society.
We look to hire a strong candidate holding a PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related field.
The candidate is expected to complement the existing data systems group and to conduct research and research-based teaching in one or more of the following areas:
- Scalable machine learning algorithms for data-intensive applications
- Big data analytics pipelines
- Management of large-scale knowledge graphs
The ideal candidate should document:
- Publications of research at a high international level in well-respected peer reviewed venues in areas covered by VLDB, SIGMOD, CIDR, KDD, ICML, NeurIPS, SIGSPATIAL.
- Competences in developing and conducting teaching that is well received by students
- A record of contributing to the goals of the institutions in which he/she has worked, as well as serving one’s own research community, for example participation in committees, etc.
In addition, candidates for a position as associate professorship should be able to:
- Attract external research funding
- Supervise PhD students
- Read/speak a Scandinavian language (or have the willingness to learn Danish)
The application should also state any additional qualities that the candidate may possess, such as excellent communication skills, leadership skills in diverse environments, and the like.
The IT University of Copenhagen is a public university focusing entirely on information technology, with a cross-disciplinary emphasis that includes business, computer science, and design.
Working at the IT University
Located in modern architecture at the intersection of the new Ørestad and the old Amager, a 6-minute metro ride from the center of Copenhagen, the IT University offers an informal working environment, a varied everyday life, and a highly motivated, ambitious, competent and diverse international faculty, with PhD degrees from 15 different countries. The IT University is an equal opportunity employer and prides itself in actively and successfully pursuing an improved gender balance among students and among faculty. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups.
Working in Copenhagen
Copenhagen has a strong educational system, a rich cultural life, universal healthcare, good childcare, and well-functioning infrastructure. Copenhagen is among the world’s most livable cities according to the Economist Global Liveability Index. Living and working in Copenhagen will be a good experience for you and your family.
The IT University of Copenhagen (ITU) is a teaching and research-based tertiary institution concerned with information technology (IT) and the opportunities it offers. The IT University has more than 160 full-time academics. Research and teaching in information technology span all academic activities which involve computers including computer science, information and media sciences, humanities and social sciences, business impact and the commercialization of IT.
An assistant professorship is a temporary position for up to 4 years with the possibility of extension. The position requires academic qualifications at PhD level.
An associate professorship is a non-time-limited position that requires academic qualifications corresponding to those obtained through an assistant professor position.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
The application must be in English and must include:
- A motivated application, including a cogent argument for how qualified you are for the position and brief statements of research and teaching plans
- A full CV, including name, address, phone number, e-mail, previous and present employment and academic background
- Documentation of academic degrees (copy of degree certificates etc.)
- Copies of 3-5 publications relevant to the position.
- A numbered list of publications. The enclosed publications should be marked with an asterisk (*)
- Documentation of pedagogical experience and teaching record within one or more of the teaching areas listed for the position
- For the position as associate professor: preferably documentation of both a) received observation and feedback on teaching, b) pedagogical training courses as a teacher, c) a formal written assessment of teaching competence and d) a teaching record within one or more of the teaching areas listed for the position
Applications without the above-mentioned required documents will not be assessed.
The applicant will be accessed according to the Appointment Order from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of 13 March 2012.
The IT University may use shortlisting in connection to the recruitment process. In case of shortlisting, the Chair of the hiring committee selects applicants for assessment in consultation with the hiring committee after the application deadline. All applicants are notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The shortlisting of candidates for assessment is based on the criteria in the job posting.
Early contact with our faculty staff is strongly encouraged.
Questions about the positions can be directed to Professor Philippe Bonnet, e-mail email@example.com and Head of Department Peter Sestoft, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions related to the application procedure may be directed to HR, Katrine Drachmann Strawbridge, email@example.com.
You can only apply for this position through our e-recruitment system. Apply by pushing the button “Apply for position” in the job announcement on our website: http://en.itu.dk/About-ITU/Vacancies
Please note that all application material will be destroyed after the assessment.
The IT University uses tests in connection with the recruitment process.
Application deadline: 1 December 2021, at 23:59 CET/CEST.
Applications/enclosures received after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration. If you submit an application, it is your responsibility to ensure that it arrives before the deadline, so please allow sufficient time for upload of publications and other documents.
The IT University invites all qualified researchers regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background to apply for the positions.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)