Assistant Devops manager – IT Transportation Management
BUSINESS CONTEXT AND MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Each Innovation team provides a focus on the delivery of Innovation into either their Function or cross functional expertise area, including owning the application landscape roadmap, future usability, maintainability and TCO for the business. Within IT Innovation the ERP/SCM, CBM and BI CoEs are responsible for ensuring that all change introduced into our regional landscapes is of high design quality, introduced in a timely, affordable and sustainable manner, at acceptable risk to ongoing operations and consistent with long-term plans for the evolution of our key landscapes, thus, ensuring that the Project Delivery Process as defined by the Global PMO is adhered to. In short, the role of the Innovation Analyst is to work with stakeholders and vendors to ensure that common, high quality functional design is implemented while supporting an integrated plan. At times, the SME will be tasked with ensuring this plan is on target and is adhering to the strategic functional innovation roadmap.
Transportation is a key Supply Chain process and comprises critical steps of O2C, M2D and P2P processes such as shipments planning & execution and freight settlement, primarily over SAP and OTM systems.
In that space , the Transportation Management SME Analyst is responsible for ensuring the delivery of Innovation into our landscapes is of high design quality, adherent to business needs, aligned to all global guidelines, introduced in a timely, affordable and sustainable manner, at acceptable risk to ongoing operations and consistent with long-term plans for the evolution of our key landscapes.
Accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Work in close partnership with Business stakeholders, the Innovation Managers and Business Release Managers to ensure On-time In full Nill error delivery.
- Support BAU process to ensure issue resolution within agreed SLA across AAR geography.
- Ensure that the Project Delivery Process as defined by the Global PMO is adhered to.
- Act as a focal point for establishing consistency, quality and control for documentation relating to the Function’s Application Landscape, such as functional/business requirements and functional specifications.
- Aid the Innovation Manager in driving Application Convergence within the Function, from Local > Regional > Global.
- Support BAU enhancements for the relevant area of responsibility in an effective and efficient manner delivering the best possible business value.
- Help drive simplification to support the lowest possible TCO for each relevant component in the systems landscape.
- Understand and interpret IT strategic architecture, helping ensure all projects follow the principles, guidelines and standards set out by Unilever’s S&T.
- Understand and interpret the road map for IT systems architecture change/refresh, ensuring it is in line with destination architecture and is aligned with business priorities for change projects and programs.
- Understand and interpret the Innovation Director’s detailed design guidelines describing how each component of the IT landscape will be used.
- Proactively become involved in post go-live reviews to ensure IT design and process issues are captured for learning and future improvement.
- Deliver the above responsibilities within an agreed financial charging structure and budget.
- Understand, communicate and field queries about the Integrated Innovation and Support plan (Level 1 plan) – escalating as necessary to the Innovation Manager and Business Release Managers.
- Support the Innovation Manager in the collating and version control of all plans relating to significant Innovation activity across Global IT.
- Work with other Innovation Managers and key stakeholders to support Lead Innovation Managers and Innovation Directors in building and maintaining a strong governance process for Innovation, to ensure high quality project and program delivery.
- Carries out assignments, alone or as part of a team, applying knowledge, skills, and experience. Demonstrates an understanding of the issues of interest to the client organization and proposes viable solutions within the scope of own expertise, taking into account the needs of those affected
- Recognizes needs outside own area of knowledge, recognizes how these areas relate, requests and works effectively with additional expertise as necessary.
- Plans and organizes own work effectively. Undertakes assignments in a systematic manner.
- Produces high quality deliverables in terms of both content and presentation. Examples of deliverables include: reports, presentations and reasoned arguments.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of current practice within own area of expertise. Is aware of current developments within own area of expertise. Develops awareness, and in some cases detailed knowledge, of areas outside own area of expertise as appropriate.
- Contributes to identifying and securing further business opportunities for the consulting practice or organization.
- Manages the change control procedure.
- Drive change management with business users.
- Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate and model business functions, processes, and information flows and data structures, using various methodical and consistent techniques.
- Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate operational issues, problems and new opportunities, contributing to improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes/procedures, organization and equipment.
- Works with colleagues and clients/users in specifying information flows, processes/procedures and data objects that align with the needs of the business.
- Records work with appropriate documentation meeting the required standards and uses suitable methods and tools.
- Takes part in client/user meetings and assists in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Assists colleagues and clients/users in defining acceptance tests for systems.
- Assists in defining and justifying (in business terms) initiatives to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
The specific areas of focus and responsibility for this role are:
–Transport Planning (Bulk plan & shipment approval)
– Transport execution (appointment, tendering, reporting & track & trace)
-Freight calculation and settlement (in SAP)
Main Associated Technologies / Applications (current view):
-OTM (Oracle Transportation Management)
– PI (middle ware) / Mule soft (middleware)
– Track & trace system
We are flexible to consider your candidature irrespective of your previous experience if you are open to learn – unlearn and passionate to contribute. However, having following experience will be an advantage –
- Good exposure to all IT disciplines
- Some experience of working within a project/program
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Project Planning using MS Project
- Good appreciation and knowledge of project management domain.
- Good interpersonal/relationship management skills
Key Performance indicator
- Solutions meet agreed business requirement as specified
- Post Project Reviews
- Project Delivered
- on time
- in budget
- Solutions delivered with no or low impact on existing system performance/operation
- Stability of solution/incident levels
- Solution harmonization and adherence to best practice standards
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (21)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time