Assistant Manager, Corporate Procurement
Group Procurement is responsible for managing third-party supplier engagements, partnering with the business to drive high performance and sustainable value from our supplier relationships. We aim to make LSEG easier and more attractive to do business with and we consider our suppliers as a source of competitive advantage and not just about cost. We operate a business partnering and supplier relationship management (SRM) model, aligned to stakeholder groups and spend categories, ensuring value through early and strategic engagement and insightful vendor spend analytics.
- Support the delivery of the category strategy and deployment of the supplier relationship management program
- Contribute to the development of basic sourcing strategies, including identifying risks, key outputs and deliverables.
- Lead sourcing and negotiation for low to medium spend new agreements or renewals within own scope and escalating those that are not, analyzing financial and commercial structure, engaging Legal as required and ensuring correct terms and conditions are applied
- Where a renewal within role scope is required, engage stakeholders to ensure renewal is required and scale is accurate
- Support Category Leads or Category Managers with SRM activities, manage allocated supplier relationships
- Support sourcing activities across the wider team (Category Leads or Category Managers in other categories), as required
- Assist Category Lead and Category Managers with PR/PO approvals
a. Ensure PRs meet required standards – i.e. approval process has been followed, a fully signed LSEG standard contract and statement of work (if applicable) is in place, due diligence has been completed appropriately on new suppliers
b. Ensure Category managers are kept informed
- Keep abreast of market and industry developments within role scope. Able to make recommendations on alternate sources of supply to inform specifications
- Engage with stakeholders across the business and key functions such as Legal, Finance and HR to progress queries and act as a point of procurement contact, with support from the Category Lead and other Category Managers
- Engage with budget-owners to obtain key information and explain procurement processes in line with agreed process and procedures. Deal with stakeholder queries escalating as appropriate
- Engage with key functions to obtain information and complete necessary actions such as supplier segmentation form
- Foster Sri Lanka relationships between local stakeholders and Group Procurement whilst ensuring awareness and collaboration across both parties. Address issues and opportunities ensuring compliance with Group Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Information technology
a. Maintain Procurement systems and tools (e.g. pipeline management tool, savings tracker, supplier and contract databases, Category spend metrics)
b. Ensure that purchasing, pricing and supplier master data is kept up to date on the relevant IT systems so as to maintain procurement and planning efficiencies
a. Ensure that relevant contracts are in place for key suppliers as assigned and supported by the Category Lead
b. Monitor contract performance and able to identify when corrective action needed
c. Identify where it is necessary to vary a contract to deliver continuous improvement, draft robust variations and ensure proper approvals are sought
- Provide assistance to the business and suppliers across the end to end sourcing process, i.e. reviewing PR/POs, facilitating exceptions such as payment difficulties and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services, ensuring an excellent service is provided from within Group Procurement and other key stakeholders. Escalate when appropriate.
- Actively promote continuous improvement by challenging process and procedure to identify and implement valid improvements
- Understand the Group Policies and the Group Procurement approach to IR35. Provide assistance to the Category Managers and Business to identify and appropriately resolve issues
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a Business Management related discipline
- +7 years of experience in buying / procurement
- Commercially minded and proficient negotiator
- Ability to liaise with and manage suppliers
- Experience in market and category analysis
- Strong IT skills (Office programs, Procurement systems desirable), ability to provide management information to assist sourcing and contract management process
- Ability to build relationships, influence and act as an expert across the organization up to senior management level
- Ability to assess, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- The ability to maximize opportunities, i.e. challenge ways of working, adopt Group practices, seeks and provides information and clarification
- Teamwork – ability to work with other category teams, both local and an global to deliver high quality service
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Procurement / supply operation qualification, e.g. MCIPS or IAACM, or working towards the qualification
- Experience of procurement in a Financial Services Regulated Environment, Information Services Companies;
- FinTechs; Global, multi-country organizations preferred.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (2)
- Head of Product Management Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time