Assistant Manager Facilities
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Role name and description
Under the guidance of Assistant Director – Integrated Facilities Management (IFM), the Assistant Manager – Integrated Facilities Management (IFM), oversees operations for a facility (office) / campus, at GDS Colombo. The Assistant Manager-IFM keeps the facility running efficiently by overseeing both personnel and equipment. Daily duties of a facility Assistant Manager-IFM entail managing from a big-picture view, as well as dealing with details, all of which affect maintenance of the physical premises and the security of people performing business activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Develop activity plan for the IFM service provider and track status. Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for facility management. Conduct regular inspection in all facilities areas within campus, to ensure safe occupancy and business continuity.
• Ensure a safe environment for employees and customers and maintain stipulated operations. Keep all EYGDS facilities organized, clean, and inviting.
• Resolve customer escalations and disputes efficiently, with tact and diplomacy. Compile user statistics and document all reports, facility issues, participant concerns, injuries, and incidents.
• Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures. Make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures,
• Ensure compliance with all established policies and procedures. Maintain facility and records to ensure compliance with company standards and local regulatory norms.
• Participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures, monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
• Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget, submit budget recommendations, monitor expenditures. \
• Participate & coordinate training of the facility management staff on SOP, safety methods, procedures, and techniques.
• Participate in professional group meetings, maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of facility maintenance, incorporate new developments as appropriate into programs.
• Monitor and control supplies and equipment, order supplies and tools as necessary, prepare documents for equipment procurement, prepare specifications and contracts for contract services.
• Perform the more technical and complex tasks of the work unit. Coordinate renovation/ repair & maintenance and other special projects.
• Attend and contribute to all mandatory staff meetings, workshops, and retreats.
• Inspects works performed by service work contractors for UPS, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, elevator and other service contacts.
• Coordinates the acquisition of supplies and materials to complete maintenance work activities via shop stock, warehouse, storeroom and/or local suppliers.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships during all interactions with team/ cross functions and Service provider staff on site
Skills And Attributes For Success
• Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
• Should consistently demonstrate Organization, time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
• Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
• Must be a well-organized, detail and customer (internal and external) oriented self-starter
• Excellent public relations and customer relationship management skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Should possess Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Should have strong decision-making ability
• Should possess ability to lead and manage teams and projects
• Should pay attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
• Ability to Read and understand drawings, plans and specifications
• Should possess skills to Organize, implement and direct facility maintenance operations and activities
• Should be able to develop and recommend systems and procedures related to assigned operations.
• Should have a good knowledge of MS Office package.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• 5-7 years of supervisory experience, with minimum 3 years of similar role experience in comparable organizations, with sound knowledge & experience, in workplace services domain.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, or equivalent professional level experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with diversified group of people.
• Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
• Ability to observe business etiquette and maintain a professional appearance.
What We Look For
• Participates regularly in EY-wide and function-specific meetings, events and people initiatives
• Takes charge of personal development and seeks out coaching and feedback regularly
• Finds ways to improve the balance between personal and professional commitments and to increase understanding of personal well-being to benefit self and team members
• Demonstrates self-awareness when interacting with colleagues and adapts individual approach to enhance relationships
• Contributes to a positive team environment by finding constructive ways to respond to work challenges
• Promotes and demonstrates an inclusive and global mindset when interacting with others
• Applies an understanding of client needs to identify critical outcomes, barriers to success, and changes in expectations or scope. Connects to stakeholders, seizing opportunities to grow knowledge
• Participates in meetings with clients to develop closer relationships and better understand capabilities or client issues
• Demonstrates effective decision-making, displaying maturity that enhances interactions and relationships
• Establishes credibility with client and others by demonstrating an understanding of client’s business environment
• Enables the delivery of exceptional client service by using appropriate tools and resources
• Understands how the firm is changing, anticipates opportunities, and puts a plan in place to help deliver on goals and objectives. Generates innovative ideas and solutions that improve efficiency
• Promotes operational excellence by challenging current practices and providing feedback on opportunities to improve within own area of responsibility.
• Maintains independence and objectivity, complying personally with all applicable professional standards, EY policies and regulatory requirements
• Manages day-to-day priorities by organizing work and informing others, following through to resolution
• Manages projects or initiatives while clarifying objectives, priorities, roles, responsibilities, timelines and scope changes as appropriate
• Promotes and sustains quality and effective risk management and compliance through consistent review of work products and suggestions for improvement
• Identifies technical issues and can resolve and/or elevate appropriately. Possesses solid conceptual knowledge of overall technical concepts within functional area.
• Maintains awareness and understanding of the impact of new developments in own functional area and shares them with client and team
• Proposes credible suggestions and options that effectively resolve business challenges
What We Offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across seven locations – Argentina, China, Colombo, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYBusiness, consulting and management.