Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting & Control
The main responsibilities of this role will be preparing, developing, and analysing financial information so that the London Stock Exchange Group’s senior management can make well-informed decisions, leading to future stability, growth and profitability. The role focuses on core accounting skills, working across different business divisions in order to support the whole organisation. The selected candidate for this role will be responsible for assisting the Europe based Post Trade controllership team in performing their monthly close and entity control activities.
- Preparation of month-end accounts as well as ledger closure and review processes to ensure accuracy of Income Statement and Balance Sheet and adhere to all group reporting deadlines.
- Perform financial transactions in the general ledger and sub-ledgers, including recording and verifying the accuracy of the financial data.
- Work collaboratively with the wider finance teams to ensure the transactions are properly accounted and reported.
- Take ownership in preparing financial transactions, reconciliations, and analysis.
- Support Management Reporting processes including analysis and reports.
- Adherence to internal controls as per group policies and the financial control framework.
- Work collaboratively in identification and support of current continuous improvement activities.
- Support Group projects and ensure seamless implementation of any new systems and processes.
- The role will be expected to partner with Entity Accountants, Financial Controller, Group Reporting, and Statutory Reporting teams and be a key member of the Finance CoE.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Member/ Passed finalist of a recognised professional institute (CIMA/ACCA) with minimum 5 years of experience.
- Background in finance shared services would be an added advantage.
- Candidates with part qualification and degree in a related field and relevant experience also considered.
- Experience in managing a similar scope will be an added advantage.
- Experience of using Oracle, Hyperion Financial Management and Blackline accounting systems would be an added advantage.
- Strong track record in:
- Financial accounting in a large organisation
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders and reporting to tight deadlines
- Experience of managing cross geography relationships
- Have strong excel skills and be confident managing complex spreadsheets to ensure accurate reporting.
- Have a strong track record in standardising processes and documentation.
- Ability to scope and shape role while adapting to fast changing environment.
- Strong process orientation, with ability to design and operate robust reporting frameworks.
- Maximises opportunities, i.e. challenges ways of working, adopts Group practices, seeks and provides information and clarification.
- Effective oral and written communication that resonates with the target audience.
- Utilises all available resources and toolsets to investigate and resolve problems and ensures the most appropriate solution is identified.
- Strong planning and prioritising skills according to business needs.
- Ability to work according to UK work hours.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- Experience5 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationProfessional qualification
Related Jobs (8)
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Group Taxation Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Product Specialist – Pricing Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Executive – Finance Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time
- Finance Executive Jobs at John Keells Information Technology in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 22, 2023 Full-Time