Assistant Manager – Human Capital
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll help our local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
• Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
• Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
• Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
• Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
• Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
• Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
• Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
• Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
• Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
• Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
• Provides professional expertise and support in the design, development, and implementation of the Human Capital processes that are required to achieve business goals.
• Executes the organization’s talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruitments, and retention.
• Oversees optimal function of the organization’s internal HR systems, which may include maintenance of the systems, upgrades to applications and
modules while providing technical support and troubleshooting.
• Serves as the Lead and liaison between Human capital division, external
vendors, and other stakeholders for HR systems and implementation of projects.
• Create and initiate plans to increase motivation and employee engagement.
• Provide recommendations to the top management on people related aspects of the organization.
• Maintain harmonious labour relations all across the organization and ensure the efficient functioning of routine HR administrational activities such as payroll management.
• Ensure compliance with the prevailing labour regulations and group level
• Monitor and continuous follow-up on the performance management cycle to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the business.
• A university degree specializing in HR or an equivalent professional qualification.
• At least two years of managerial experience in HR with no less than four years of total experience.
• A well organized, proactive and result oriented individual with the ability to
• Thorough knowledge in employment law.
• Competent in both written and verbal communication.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications and HRIS
• A good motivator and trainer.
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Offered SalaryNot Specified
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance
Related Jobs (142)
HR Shared Services Supervisor US Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Marketing Internship at Applova Inc. in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 23, 2023 Internship
Intern – Talent Management (HR), Vacancies At 99x, Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 23, 2023 Internship