Assistant Manager – Legal
Work with us-Hayleys
We recognise that our employees are at the heart of our organisation. Comprising a team of committed professionals across a workforce of over 31,000, we are proud of our culture and heritage. We invest in developing employees across all business sectors, categories and locations, offering them a unique opportunity to enhance their potential and achieve their career aspirations.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and advice on all forms of legal documentation.
- Conduct legal research and advice SBUs/SSUs on legal matters.
- Assist in establishing compliant legal guidelines to follow on contracts and legal requirements.
- Handle day to day administrative functions of the department.
- Draft and review contracts and other documents received from customers/suppliers.
- Liaise with external law firms, counsels and provide them with required information.
- Provide legal advice to SBUs/SSUs as and when requested on all forms of legal issues and queries.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- Attorney-at-law possessing minimum 5 years’ experience in the corporate law field including minimum 2 years’ experience in a reputed commercial law firm.
- Experience in notarial work, commercial agreements, intellectual property law and litigation.
- Capable of analyzing and thinking conceptually and independently.
- Should have skills in Contract drafting.
- Knowledge in Contract & Company Law is essential. Knowledge on International Trade Law will be an added advantage.
- Good command of English and Sinhala both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills with sound computer literacy.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
Offered SalaryNot Specified