Assistant Manager – Occupational Health & Safety
About the Company and Job Details:
Brandix, a leader in Sri Lanka’s Apparel industry and adjudged ‘Exporter of the Year’ at the 2018/19 Presidential Export Awards, operates apparel manufacturing units in Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh, with operations in Haiti, Cambodia and UK. The company continues its inspired journey in developing, manufacturing and marketing end-to-end apparel solutions to world-renowned brands, whilst empowering sustainable development in the communities it operates in.
Key purpose of the Job
As Assistant Manager – Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S), you will be direct reporting to the Plant Head (General Manager) and dotted line reporting to Cluster Senior Manager OH&S. The role holder will lead the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) function for Kahawatta plant and will be responsible for both shifts to drive achievement of the OH&S deliverables and performance reporting to Cluster and Corporate. You will also manage functional budgets, advise plant teams, develop and deploy SWS, and conduct OH&S audits and functional improvement initiatives for the Cluster and Centre
1. Planning and deployment of Plant OH&S objectives, SOPs, guidelines and budgets to the Plants teams
2. Driving achievement of the plant OH&S deliverables, including adherence to safety standards, SWS implementation, compliance requirements, budget management, etc.
3. Conducting plant audits and reviews for driving OH&S initiatives, including safety training, safety committee meetings, investigation of incidents, issue resolution, PTW implementation, etc.
4. Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders for achievement of the plant OH&S deliverables
5. Leading the OH&S teams across the plants.
6. Reporting updates to Cluster & Corporate according to timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Certification / Diploma in Industrial Safety
- 4 to 5+ years of experience of relevant experience in the Safety function, with understanding of functional statutory, compliance, certification and liaison requirements
- Strong knowledge of functional statutory, compliance, certification and license requirements.
- Lead/Internal Auditor Certification for ISO 45001:2018 or OHSAS 18001:2007 will be an added qualification.
This is an Equal Opportunity Company
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Related Jobs (17)
Intern – Fabric Technologist Internship at Brandix in Colombo , Sri Lanka on November 28, 2021 Internship
Garment Technologist Jobs at Brandix in Colombo , Sri Lanka on November 28, 2021 Full-Time
Senior Executive – Technical Jobs at Brandix in Colombo , Sri Lanka on November 19, 2021 Full-Time
Executive – Machinery Jobs at Brandix in Colombo , Sri Lanka on November 19, 2021 Full-Time
Intern – Fabric Technologist, Careers at Brandix, Colombo, LK. on November 16, 2021 Internship
Intern – Engineering, Careers at Brandix, Colombo, LK. on November 16, 2021 Internship
Intern – Merchandising, Careers at Brandix, Colombo, LK. on November 16, 2021 Internship
Merchandiser – Product Development-Jobs at Brandix-Colombo-Sri Lanka on November 1, 2021 Full-Time
Senior Fabric Technologist-Jobs at Brandix-Colombo-Sri Lanka on October 30, 2021 Full-Time