Assistant Manager, Statutory Reporting
- The Job holder will ensure management and control of key accounting components, subsidiary & branch accounting, work with 3rd Party providers for Statutory and Tax reporting, year-end submissions, and other accounting areas.
- The objective is to ensure compliance with LSEG’s policy, internal controls, IFRS and Local Tax & GAAP requirements.
- The successful candidate will hold a pivotal role in the Legal entity controllership team and require project management skills, technical skills, and the ability to proactively manage key stakeholder relationships.
- The position reports to the Area Controller (Manager) – Statutory Reporting in executing role responsibilities. Requires 3-5 years of accounting and auditing experience
- Responsible for local statutory and tax compliance either for a Country or a group of Countries, by working closely with internal teams and external service providers.
- Work with various business partners to ensure legal entities are accurately, completely, and timely accounted for in the enterprise systems, as well as to ensure good controls of underlying processes are in place.
- Ensure the month end close in line with LSEG global reporting timetable, reviewing to ensure that critical accounts are reconciled to underlying documentation, that transactions are coded accurately in line with LSEG and local accounting policies.
- Analysis of all Balance Sheet and Cost accounts Liaise with auditors on Statutory & SOX audits Participate in regional balance sheet and cost reviews.
- In conjunction with the Tax Department completion of tax packs, booking of tax provisions and monitoring tax accounts movements In conjunction with the Transfer Pricing
- Department review the quarterly calculation for Group books and perform the true up Calculation for local books Provide support as appropriate in any tax audits as agreed with the
- Tax Department either directly or through 3rd party providers
- Qualified Accountant from a recognised professional institute (CIMA/ACCA/CA) or with a Degree in Accounting/ Finance from a recognized university with 3-5 years of experience.
- Candidates with part qualification/ degree and relevant experience also considered.
- Experience of using Oracle, HFM, Blackline accounting systems Strong track record in: Preparation of Statutory accounts across multiple entities Financial accounting in a large organisation Strong IFRS knowledge Strong understanding of accounting concepts Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders and reporting to tight deadlines
- Experience of managing cross geography relationships
- Have strong excel skills and be confident managing complex spreadsheets to ensure accurate reporting.
Be a lead proponent of driving a collaborative culture and approach to working across finance Ability to scope and shape role while adapting to fast changing environment Strong process orientation, with ability to design and operate robust reporting frameworks Ability to build strong working relationships with global colleagues Maximises opportunities, i.e., challenges ways of working, adopts Group practices, seeks, and provides information and clarification. Effective oral and written communication that resonates with the target audience. Utilises all available resources and toolsets to investigate and resolve problems and ensures the most appropriate solution is identified. Strong planning and prioritising skills according to business needs. Ability to work according to UK work hours.
When applying To apply, visit www.lseg.com/careers
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (63)
Assistant Accountant Jobs at World of Outdoor in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Accountant Jobs at Swivel Group in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Accountant Jobs at Courtyard by Marriott in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time