Assistant Professor – Civil & Environmental Engineering
Organization: Civil & Environmental Engineering
Title: Assistant Professor – Civil & Environmental Engineering
The UW Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) invites applications for an Assistant Professor in Environmental Fluid Mechanics (EFM) with a focus on numerical modeling of coastal and/or estuarine systems. This is a full-time, tenure track position, on a 9-month service period, with an anticipated start date of the 2022-23 academic year.
The successful candidate will be expected to engage in research, teaching, and service. Our department offers a highly collegial and collaborative culture, with broad interdisciplinary research ties and opportunities. The UW has an active community of researchers in EFM and Coastal Processes within CEE and across UW. The candidate will develop new areas of strength for the department, and collaborate with colleagues within EFM, CEE and throughout the university. In teaching, the candidate will expand CEE course offerings at the undergraduate and graduate levels to include courses related to coastal hydrodynamics and numerical modelling. In all aspects of this position, the candidate will be expected to take concrete actions toward creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment. The position will be expected to engage in research, teaching, and service that fosters constructive interactions with impacted stakeholder groups and/or addresses issues of environmental justice.
Our department strives to create an inclusive and welcoming environment where people of all backgrounds, who bring a range of perspectives and life experiences, are welcomed, heard and supported. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute positively to these efforts. We encourage applications from women and minority candidates, individuals with disabilities, and people from other underrepresented or minoritized groups.
We seek an individual with a record of innovation in the application and/or development of numerical models to address existing and emerging challenges in the coastal environment. Applicants must have earned a PhD, or foreign equivalent, in civil engineering, environmental engineering, coastal oceanography or related discipline by the date of appointment.
Applicants are expected to describe plans for creating innovative and high-quality research and teaching programs that contribute to the fields of EFM, coastal processes and / or coastal engineering. Applicants should provide examples of scholarly work that demonstrate the candidate’s passion for and innovative use of numerical modeling techniques to advance the understanding of coastal processes and support protection of coastal resources and infrastructure.
Applications are due November 15, 2021. All complete applications submitted by the deadline will receive full consideration. Applicant review will begin immediately.
To apply, applicants should upload the following application materials to Interfolio (page limits will be strictly enforced):
(1) Cover Letter: a one-page cover letter,
(2) a curriculum vitae,
(3) Research Statement: a two-page research statement that includes the candidate’s vision for their research for the next 5 years and the potential for research collaboration,
(4) Teaching Statement: a one-page description of the candidate’s vision for instruction and learning in civil and environmental engineering,
(5) Diversity Statement: a one-page description of the candidate’s contributions to and vision for promoting justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion with particular attention to mentoring achievements and future mentoring goals,
(6) References: a list of at least three references, including names, affiliations, and email addresses.
(7) Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form: State law requires that the University of Washington obtain the Disclosure of Sexual Misconduct declaration signed by the candidate. The declaration will require you to
disclose any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct, to authorize current and past employers to disclose to the UW any sexual misconduct currently being investigated and/or committed by you, and to release current and past employers from any liability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
The University of Washington is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelAssistant
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (9)
- HR Intern/Executive Jobs at Third Space Global in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 5, 2023 Full-Time
- Front End Industrial Engineer Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2023 Full-Time
- HR Internship at STALLION RIDERS (PVT) LTD in Gampaha, Sri Lanka on October 2, 2023 Internship
- Executive – Sustainability Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive – Engineering Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 21, 2023 Full-Time