Assistant Professor in Architectural History, Architectural Design, Architectural Planning
The successful candidate will be required to carry out research and educational guidance for student on the above-mentioned field in the Department of Architecture and Building Engineering.
- Applicants must hold a PhD, be near to completion of a PhD, or have equivalent experience in a relevant subject and have appropriate laboratory research experience.
- The successful applicant will have the ability to conduct theoretical andpractical research on the evaluation, conservation, and utilization (including renovation) of historical buildings, sites and surroundings in Japan and abroad, including modern and contemporary architecture.
- The successful applicant will also have the skill to provide educational guidance to students in the field of descriptive geometry and architectural drawings.
- Candidates will be able to contribute to the international education promoted by Tokyo Tech.
De facto working hours* under the discretionary labor system forprofessional work: 7 hours 45 minutes per day (38 hours 45 minutes per week)
*Hours considered as working hours
Fixed-term appointments will be for up to 5 years. Reappointment may be possible for one additional term of up to 5 years. The total term is limited to a maximum of 10 years from the original date of employment.
Selection will be based on a comprehensive review of applications and interviews. Selected applicants may be asked to have an on-campus interview and give a presentation. Please note that travel expenses for attending in-person interviews will not be reimbursed.
1. Curriculum vitae including professional and educational history (from
high school onward), degrees, awards, and email address.
2. Accomplishment statement, including:
a. Journal papers (refereed/non-refereed)
b. Conference proceedings (refereed/non-refereed)
e. Works (including renovation work)
Please include details for each category. For lectures, state if it was a keynote or invited lecture. For items a. and b., include the number of citations, h-index, and name of database* used.
*Google Scholar Citations, Scopus, Web of Science, or Inspire
3. Up to three reprints or copies of major publications (one copy for each
4. Acquired research grants and external funds. Include names of the
funds, project titles, amounts, periods of research, and allocated
amounts (if not the principal researcher)
5. Research statement with a summary of research accomplishments and
details of the future direction and plan for the applicant’s work (free
form, one A4 pages)
6. Teaching statement that provides a summary of accomplishments and
discusses ideas for teaching and learning (free form, one A4 pages)
7. Social activities such as those as a member of international and
8. Two references with names, affiliations, and contact details
9. Excel file with specified applicant information (Please downloaded the file from:
How to Submit an Application
1. Application documents will not be returned. The personal information provided in the submitted documents will be used solely for recruitment and not for any other purpose, pursuant to the Institute’s applicable rules and regulations.
2. Tokyo Institute of Technology, in order to ensure a diverse workforce, guarantees equal opportunities for all individuals regardless of nationality or gender.
3. Smoking is prohibited on campus (excluding designated outdoor smoking areas).
4. For more information,
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelAssistant
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)