Associate Architect (Java)
Associate Software Architect holds the technical ownership of one or more small/medium size client projects and/or a large technical area. They must ensure all solution level extensions including any new components added to the solution are aligned with the technical and architectural guidelines and recommendation provided by the Architecture Review Board (ARB). Associate Software Architects often plays a lead role in their project/s on the general technical aspects. They are assumed to drive the team for timely technical deliveries within budget and time, supporting the project managers and directors. Normally Associate Architects plays the people manager roles for tech leads of their teams. They are required to be capable of handling technical collaborators of the customers
- Hold the responsibility of the technical aspects of either a client solution, sub product or a scalable technical area
- Proactively identify and handle the implementation of all technical changes and improvements to the area in servicing the client/business better. They should work with senior business owners and clients closely in identifying the needs and translate these into technical deliverables
- Required to ensure all the extensions done to the product at the solution level or the expansion of the larger technical area are in line with the architectural and technical principles and guidelines of the organization. Any deviations or sizable new development should be brought to the notice of the senior architects and if vital should seek the prior approval of the ARB
- Ensure that the architectural designs at solution level/ technical area and codebase are maintainable and extensible.
- Represent the area as the technical owner in senior internal and external collaborator forums
- Coordinate the successful delivery and implementation of customer projects. In certain cases, the customer can be another internal product or another solution
- Drive and provide the technical leadership to the teams for high quality and timely delivery of customer solutions. They are expected to identify and highlight any technical or delivery risks beforehand and should work very closely with the other business, quality and delivery management collaborators in the overall software delivery
- Responsible for training and mentoring all direct and indirect reports that include engineers and tech leads who work for the area and in the related customer deliveries
- This role more often than not carry line manager responsibilities for the team of Tech Leads
- They should ensure the team as an entity and everyone in the team is following the recommended SDLC best practices and standards. They are responsible for GREEN engineering baseline metrics and should contribute fully for other team level baseline metrics to become green
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or similar technical field
- Proven software engineering and architect background in Java and proven track record of designing and delivering multifaceted Java systems
- At least 10 years of industry experience and at least 4 years’ experience at the Senior Tech -Lead capacity
- Significant knowledge and experience on java language constructs, data structures, concurrent programming, memory management and exceptional handling
- Experience in Linux base operating systems
- Hands-on experience of a cloud platform, with a proven record of building and deploying containerized solution in cloud with Kubernetes/docker or a related technology.
- Experience in Mock frameworks such as Mokito, JMokit, and Junit,TestNG or a similar unit test framework
- Proficiency of the usage of DevOps tools and automation
- Experience in providing leadership to small/medium scale teams
- Being detailed with modern IT trends
- Hands-on exposure in cloud technology, different open-source technologies, and integration of them
- Thorough understanding of the full SDLC and related tools
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceMore than 5 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (145)
- Software Engineer Jobs at BlinQ Software in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer (Java ) Jobs at Innodata Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Developer (C++) Jobs at Tetherfi in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Architect Jobs at Mad Mobile LK in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Frontend Developer Jobs at H-Town Technologies in Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Data Engineer Jobs at BISTEC Global Services in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 25, 2023 Full-Time