Associate/Assistant Professor (BISI)
The NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (NUS Medicine) is recruiting two faculty members to work at the Centre for Behavioural and Implementation Science Interventions (BISI). BISI is a new centre that aims to improve population health and well-being by accelerating evidence-based practice through the use of behavioural and implementation science.
The recruited faculty members will hold their primary appointment at NUS Medicine. The level of appointment will be at Associate Professor or Assistant Professor and commensurate with the candidate’s experience and track record. The recruitment package will include an attractive salary, generous start-up research funding as well as office space.
The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the BISI leadership team to formulate their research plan and deliver on the emerging BISI research strategy, with the ultimate aim to achieve global scientific reach and substantial impacts on healthcare delivery and population health outcomes. The successful candidate will be supported to lead and mentor collaborative research team and apply for competitive grants to sustain his/her research in the long term as well as work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary BISI faculty. The candidate is also expected to contribute to curriculum design and teaching/supervision activities related to behavioural and implementation sciences.
Candidates with experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Implementation Science
- Behavioural or Social Science applied to health and healthcare
- Programme Evaluation
- Health Services or Applied Health Research
- Improvement Science
- Establishing an independent research agenda through extramural funding
- Developing a collaborative, multidisciplinary research programme
- High-impact academic publications
- Curriculum design and teaching
- Graduate student supervision and mentorship
- Growing BISI’s network through outreach to professional bodies and affiliated institutions
- A PhD or MD/PhD in a relevant discipline;
- A MD or MBBS with extensive research experience in a relevant discipline will be considered
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team, including with clinician and scientist colleagues;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to teach courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations;
- Ability to mentor junior faculty and research staff.
- Appropriate postdoctoral and/or faculty experience required
- Suitably qualified and experienced individuals from industry or the profession will be considered
- Experienced in developing a research strategy, commensurate with career stage
- Experienced in leading independent research studies at national or international level;
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
- Outstanding track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals, commensurate with career stage
- Evidence of a research portfolio that has generated or contributed to clinical or public health impacts
- Experienced in designing and teaching courses at undergraduate and/or graduate levels.
- Experience in supervising graduate students, including PhDs to successful completion (if appropriate)
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)