Associate/Assistant Professor (Clinical) of Metabolic Medicine
ACADEMIC FACULTY APPOINTMENT: The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) is a medical school in one of Asia’s leading and top young global universities, the Nanyang Technological University Singapore. Together with our healthcare partner, the National Healthcare Group, that oversees a population of close to 2,000,000 people in central Singapore, we are committed and steadfast in our education, research, and clinical missions with an overarching vision of redefining medicine and transforming healthcare. The Nutrition, Metabolism and Health research programme within LKCMedicine represents the five strategic research pillars and seeks to alleviate chronic metabolic diseases through research excellence.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic faculty member to be part of the Nutrition, Metabolism and Health research programme in the role of Associate/Assistant Professor (Clinical) of Metabolic Medicine. The appointee is expected to conduct research that pertains to all metabolic health aspects relating to either one of the following: endocrinology, metabolic oncology and/or hepatology. The appointee is expected to undertake internationally competitive research that sets the programme apart from leading institutes on Metabolic Medicine and Health, with preferably an Asian centric understanding of aetiology, pathophysiology and novel interventions/ treatments. The appointee is also expected to contribute to education and clinical service commitments, on top of the overarching research strategy and any other duties assigned by the Vice Dean, Research and Dean of LKCMedicine.
- The appointee will be expected to undertake high quality patient-centric research in the area of endocrinology, metabolic oncology and/or hepatology, which are in line with the research strategy of LKCMedicine, and in conjunction with other recent appointments, obtain research funding and supervise research staff and students.
- The appointee is expected to undertake teaching and educational responsibilities for the training of medical students and postgraduate research/ medical students. Teaching methods will include extensive use of team-based learning and e-learning pedagogical tools.
- The appointee is expected to contribute to integration of the science relating to Nutrition, Metabolism and Health into the MBBS curriculum and to ensure the delivery of excellence in these areas, including the team-based delivery of the curriculum.
- Undertake high quality research activities by sustaining a personal research plan, developing innovative research proposals and funding bids, managing and undertaking research activities, publishing in international peer reviewed journals, reviewing manuscripts and grant applications when appropriate.
- Seek competitive grant and collaborative industry funding to develop a sustainable research programme.
- Contribute to, support and develop teaching and educational activity at undergraduate level and supervise undergraduate students.
- Contribute to, support and develop teaching and educational activity at graduate level and supervise graduate students.
- Contribute to, support and develop clinical service commitments aligned with the strategy of the National Healthcare Group.
- Develop and support research projects (including interdisciplinary) with other faculty in the field of Nutrition, Metabolism and Health at LKCMedicine and across the wider NTU community.
- Supervise and mentor junior faculty members and research staff
- Participate in academic committees and meet other administrative requirements as appropriate.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the appointee may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities as assigned by the Vice Dean, Research and Dean.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- MBBS/MD with a PhD or Habilitation.
- Must be registrable with the Singapore Medical Council to fractionally contribute to clinical service
- For reference to the basic medical qualifications under the Medical Registration Act – https://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/smc/home/announcements/Index/revision-to-list-of-overseas-medical-schools-for-registration-to-practise-in-singapore
- Relevant postdoctoral or clinical experience
- Significant experience and outstanding, record of translational clinical research and teaching with a high level of scientific achievement, productivity and impact in the field of Nutrition, Metabolism and Health
Management and Teamwork:
- Ability to lead and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work co-operatively with medical and non-medical staff
- Ability to supervise research staff and students
Communicating and Influencing:
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students
- Ability to motivate others
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience and desire to participate in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and training.
- Demonstrated ability to develop teams and to create networks.
- Fully conversant with patient-centred approach to modern medicine and the use of new technologies in both education and patient care.
- Understanding of the academic and administrative needs of internationally recognised universities.
- Ability to work in and develop teams and to create networks at both a national and international level.
- Track record of having supervised graduate students to successful completion of PhDs.
The level of effort for this appointment is at 1.0 full time equivalent (FTE) employment.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (135)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship