Associate Data Management Engineer
Working remotely, the Associate Data Management Engineer will work with school staff, the technology team and partners to accurately report student and staff data to state Departments of Education and Federal Government Agencies, as well as supply critical data to other departments within Pearson Virtual Schools including the Executive team and Legal. This person will have specific responsibilities for major projects and initiatives as well as regular student and staff reporting tasks – including the data needed to support state reporting and customer invoicing in multiple states. This individual will also prepare ad hoc reports requested by external audiences often requiring a short turnaround. The ideal candidate will have strong technical aptitude, initiative, project management skills, and experience with school reporting as it relates to data manipulation, report writing and programming and importing and exporting between applications. In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively and confidently with school leaders, district superintendents, and state officials.
Provide data to support the academic and financial operations for 1-3 schools of varying complexity; Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) student data from school data system to state reporting systems.
- Interpret technical file specifications, export and import data to fulfill requirements, and document steps for replication and audit preparation.
- Plan and organize target date/deadline timelines and tracking systems for all required reports and ensure timely submission of all reports.
- Create and maintain SQL Server Reports to accommodate state reporting and corporate requirements.
- Assist with developing procedures and oversee implementation of procedures for reporting to external audiences including state agencies, funding sources, school boards, partner organizations, etc.
- Manage data sets with student, staff, and course information. Partner with school personnel, program and district liaisons to monitor and track data for inconsistencies, research discovered inconsistencies, develop a plan for correction and future prevention.
- Maintain departmental process and procedure documentation.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Education, Social Science, Research, or related field or equivalent experience working in educational reporting
- Advanced Excel user
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Experience working with large data sets from different sources
- Experience with SQL Server Reports, SSRS, SPSS, PowerBI, Business Objects Crystal Reports, Cognos or similar and knowledge of VBA or XML a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written including leading and owning the relationship with partner-customers
- Comfortable with technology and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to interpret technical file specification documents to produce error-free import files
- Experience establishing procedures for data management and quality control
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks and competing deadlines
Experience in K-12 education and/or State educational reporting a plus
Customer Centric – Acts with a strong customer mindset (both internal and external) and is a visible advocate for the customer. Builds strong partnerships with customers and uses those to improve their experience and outcomes.
- Delivering Financial Results – A strong track record of delivering against budgets and commitments.
- Communications – A great communicator who engages teams and stakeholders with thoughtful delivery and messages that resonate.
- Works well in a matrix – Models collaboration, solves problems with peers, builds trust and support.
Takes personal responsibility – Can be relied on to complete tasks timely and well, demonstrates “ownership” regardless of the outcome, proactive in exploring and exploiting new opportunities.
High level of integrity and transparency;
- Customer centric mentality;
- High degree of flexibility;
- Positive attitude;
- Evidence of a strong work ethic, and;
- Demonstrated team player
Pearson Online & Blended Learning is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
The following equipment will be provided to you by the company as a full-time employee:
- Laptop and phone
The following equipment will need to be provided by you, as the employee, when working from home:
- 2nd monitor (required)
- Mouse (required)
- Keyboard (required)
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the starting pay for this role is $52,000 – $54,000. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on the benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (320)
Lead – Data Analyst Jobs At Daraz in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Designer Jobs At Daraz in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs At DDI Labs in Colombo Sri Lanka on July 4, 2022 Full-Time
UX – Senior Engineer Jobs At 99X, Colombo,Sri Lanka on July 1, 2022 Full-Time