Associate Director, Alumni Relations
Working within existing policy guidelines to establish and manage strategic alumni engagement plan that includes the ongoing development of a new virtual engagement platform, worldwide volunteer networks and activities, and an integrated communications cycle, with the goal of building affinity among alumni and with NUS Enterprise (ETP) and Industry Liaison Office (ILO). This includes an increasing philanthropic and activity-based support towards the various activities within ETP and ILO.
Responsible for all activities and relations of all ETP and ILO alumni. He/ she must be a multi-tasker with strong project management skills; an experienced fundraising professional with superior writing and advanced communication ability, and excellent organizational and analytical skills; an excellent volunteer manager with an attitude of inclusion, an understanding of the value of teamwork, and a drive for success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage alumni engagement strategies and programmes focused on increasing the depth and diversity of the alumni relationships.
- Oversees the activities of alumni relations staff and volunteers, and act as liaison to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Track effectiveness of all aspects of alumni engagement and benchmark against best practices. This includes reporting to volunteers and department colleagues.
- Manage the alumni database and ensure timely updates of alumni records and directories.
- Work with philanthropy colleagues to develop coordinated gift solicitations strategies that target alumni and complement their engagement and volunteerism.
- Collaborate effectively with event staff to schedule and/or coordinate volunteer engagement opportunities focused on the engagement of alumni and friends.
- Work closely with the programme teams responsible for planning events and activities to ensure engagement and recognition of donors and volunteers
- Develop, plan and implement a comprehensive volunteer management strategy encouraging active volunteerism and support from the community of volunteers and alumni.
- Work closely with staff and volunteers, and maintain frequent contact through various forms of communication and recognition
- Volunteer management in recruiting, training and overseeing groups of volunteers; providing opportunities for engagement and participation in fundraising efforts; offering information and counsel to support success.
- Monitor progress to ensure effective, accurate tracking of staff and volunteer participation in events and activities.
- Degree holder with at least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably having managed alumni or client relations, and with a background in educational sector
- Resourceful, enjoy taking on new challenges and thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish, build, and maintain efficient and effective working relationships (both internal and external)
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and management skills, including skill in creative and effective decision-making and problem identification/avoidance/resolution
- Superior ability to multi-task, prioritise, exercise good judgment, work independently as well as in collaboration, exhibit facility in project management, ability to staff events on some weekends and evenings
- Strong computer skills and comfort level with databases, research, social media, web pages, spreadsheets and presentations and experience using customer relationships management (CRM) software would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Strong ethics and the ability to manage sensitive and/or confidential information
- Effective team player and ability to supervise, direct and partner with others to achieve exceptional results
- Job Type: Contract (2-year, renewable)
- Location: Kent Ridge Campus
- Organization: NUS Enterprise
- Department : Office of Deputy President (Innovation & Enterprise)
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
Related Jobs (80)
Senior Research Fellow in Field Robotics-(University of Sydney) on September 20, 2021 Full-Time
Research Associate in Social or Behavioural Sciences-(UNSW) on September 20, 2021 Contract Full-Time
Research Associate / Postdoctoral Researcher-(UNSW Canberra) on September 20, 2021 Full-Time
PhD candidate for the NSW Health Gene & Cell Therapy PhD Program-(UNSW ) on September 20, 2021 Full-Time
Research Fellow, Bioinformatician (Cancer Science Institute – GeDaC) on September 20, 2021 Full-Time
Postdoctoral Fellow (Computational Fluid Dynamics)-National University of Singapore on September 20, 2021 Full-Time