Associate Engineer, Application Management
The selected candidate is expected to provide support to Applications on 24X5 Basis (Covering Morning, Day and Night Shifts based on UK Timing). Out of hours support overnight, across weekends and Bank Holidays are frequently needed. Should be able to provide on-call support.
Responsibilities would include investigating issues, developing & testing fixes, supporting new releases, performing general maintenance and administration tasks. New functionality through enhancements and performance tuning is also required.
Willingness to build a strong business knowledge is expected for working with business teams during incident resolutions & investigations.
Should be willing to become subject matter experts in the underlying technologies used by the applications supported. They may be required to provide detailed technical support for developers during new release development.
Must be self-motivating with the ability to prioritize work.
Support a critical element of the London Financial Infrastructure in LSEG Post Trade Function, adhering to standards, guidelines, and SLAs.
- Provide Support to manage BAU of Applications
- Resolve Incidents and Problems
- Monitor Application & Infrastructure using tools (Geneos, Data Dog, ServiceNow & Email Alerts)
- Analyze incidents & problems
- Apply resolutions following the LSEG Post Trade Change Management procedure
- Report current status to relevant business and IT teams
- Record progress of incident resolution in ServiceNow
- Follow documented incident management procedures
- Bug fixes and enhancements to LSEG Post Trade Applications
- Design solutions for longer term fixes for application bugs and small functionality enhancement requests
- Implement application fixes
- Update Bitbucket with source code changes where necessary
- Update relevant documentation with changes
- Co-ordinate the Release process for new releases
- Work to the ITIL standard following LCH policies
- Maintain working relationship with business teams and business management
- Out of hours support/ On-call support
- Be available for overnight support of production services to ensure successful completion of processing
- Respond to overnight calls and deal with issues
- Support weekend releases and maintenance work
- Participate in Production out of hours activities such as Disaster Recovery exercises
- Assist in project related work
- Carry out requirements as defined by project team
- Quality check potential changes
- Review development release packages prior to production deployment
- Provide benefit of experience in the business area and application
- Degree educated, preferably in a technical discipline
Required skills and experience
- Internship experience in Application Management / Systems Engineering (Preferred)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- UNIX OS skills (RHCSA Certification preferred)
- Scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python).
- Oracle database / SQL skills
- Experience supporting Java based distributed platforms.
- Web Server Administration (Apache Tomcat)
- Web application testing experience using Selenium /Data Dog Synthetics
- Hands-on in version control repository (Ideally bitbucket)
- Understanding of product development lifecycle and methodologies
- Exposure or Certifications on Control-M, Jenkins, Data Dog, Ansible, AWS, Terraform, and Kubernetes will be an added advantage
- Excellent analytical skills, Attention to Detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience of working in an IT support team.
- Good technical background in the core technologies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to IT and business teams and to senior management
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (677)
Senior Software Engineer-JAVA Jobs at Jobenvoy.com in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
DevOps Engineer Jobs at Sana Commerce in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Full Stack Developer- .NET Jobs at Pelican Cube in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Web Developer Jobs at Demanzo in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Technical-Engineering Internship at Synopsys Inc in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 25, 2022 Internship
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Pelican Cube in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time
Software Engineer – Frontend Jobs at Global Tote Lankan in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 25, 2022 Full-Time