Associate Professor in Computer Science
The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a position as Associate Professor in Computer Science at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
The subject area for the position is Computer Science with emphasis on Operating Systems and Software Engineering.
The hired candidate will primarily teach and supervise students at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD level within the subject area, conduct research and disseminate research results within relevant research areas at the department, and contribute to the development of partnerships with business.
The development/use of digital and diverse learning methods, innovation, value creation based on results from research, and academic development work, will be included in the position. Teaching will be the primary task in this position.
The general job description for Associate Professors at UiS gives a more detailed account of relevant duties.
We are seeking an Associate Professor with a PhD or equivalent qualification in Computer Science.
You must be able to document active, ongoing research at a high academic level and have the potential for future high-level research in an area of computer science.
You must also document experience in software engineering, as shown through contribution to open source projects, or industrial experience.
Applicants with proven experience in teaching bachelor level courses such as software engineering or operating systems will be preferred.
It is expected that you have a reflective and conscientious attitude towards your own teaching and supervision. You must be able to document pedagogical and didactic skills relating to higher education, and basic skills in planning, evaluation and development of teaching and supervision. If you do not meet the competence requirement you must complete a university pedagogy course within a period of two years of the appointment start date. The course will be provided by the university.
Norwegian is the language mainly used at UiS. The working and teaching languages are Norwegian and English. It is expected that you can teach and supervise in Norwegian (equivalent to level B2), or another Scandinavian language, within a period of three years from accession. If required, you will be offered a Norwegian course paid for by the university.
- varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure.
- good development opportunities, associate professor is encouraged for further qualification with a view to promotion to professor
- colleague-based guidance programme during your first year of teaching at UiS, NyTi.
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.510, code 1011, NOK 630.000-715.000 gross per year. A higher salary may be considered in special cases. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the company sports club, SiS sportssenter
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- Hjem-jobb-hjem, discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme
- language courses: Look up “language courses” under employment conditions
Apply for the position online via the “Apply for the position” link on this page. Your application letter, relevant education and work experience as well as language skills must be registered here. In the application letter, you must state your competence and motivation for the position.
The following documents must be uploaded as attachments to your application:
- CV with a full summary of your education and experience
- teaching development plan and research plan
- a pedagogical portfolio with a professionally based description and discussion of your teaching and educational competence as well as relevant documentation that supports this, see guidelines for assessment of educational competence
- complete list of academic publications with information on where they are published
- up to 10 academic publications which are pivotal to your research output, including your PhD thesis or published monograph based upon the thesis
- transcripts and certificates, and other documentation that you consider relevant
Applications are evaluated based on the information available in Jobbnorge on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
The documentation must be available in either a Scandinavian language or in English. If the total size of the attachments exceeds 30 MB, they must be compressed before upload.
Please note that information on applicants may be published even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the official list of applicants, in accordance with Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act. If your request is not granted, you will be notified.
UiS only considers applications and attachments registered in Jobbnorge.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationDoctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
Related Jobs (5)
- HR Intern/Executive Jobs at Third Space Global in Colombo, Sri Lanka on October 5, 2023 Full-Time
- HR Internship at STALLION RIDERS (PVT) LTD in Gampaha, Sri Lanka on October 2, 2023 Internship