Associate Project Manager / Project Manager
Job specific duties & responsibilities
- Organize and facilitate project related meetings such as sprint planning, sprint review, daily stand ups, delivery reviews and retrospectives
- Guiding project team members in organizing their work, make presentations, setting priorities, handling conflicting demands, making decisions etc.
- Resolving conflicts among members of projects and coaching them.
- Assisting product owner to strike a balance between product features vs. product quality by providing required information.
- Continuous learning on project management and scrum methodology and share the new learning with project stakeholders.
- Remove project bottlenecks and increase team productivity.
- Analyze burn down charts on daily basis and prevent task slippage.
- Manage customer expectations and minimize escalations.
- Review stories for the sprint and ensure sufficient effort is provisioned for non-functional, infrastructure and defect fixes.
- Ensure DOD is followed before moving the stories to done column.
- Ensure DOR is followed before taking the stories to sprint.
- Manage changes and feedback outside of sprint. (i.e. any feedback or change request received during sprint execution or after sprint review should go to backlog. Backlog to be reviewed and re-prioritized.
- Escalate customer concerns in a timely manner to Mitra leadership.
- Educate team on product vision, road map, main releases.
- Support product owner on maintaining product backlog and user stories.
- Create billing sheets at the end of the month.
- Ensure daily time logs against product. Weekly review of time entries of the team and notify finance for any deviation.
- Checking all the models the team uses (e.g. Sprint backlog, metrics, etc.) and show them differences between the model and the real world.
- Helping the team to keep focus (e.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team).
- Helping team members to have a manageable workload; prevent burnouts
Required competencies & skills
Bachelor degree in computing/IT or business management.
Prior experience in handling large scale projects/ multinational teams would be a definite advantage.
2-5 years’ experience in project management and 5-8 years of overall experience.
Sound knowledge on Agile/Scrum framework.
Professional qualifications preferably PMP/CSM.
Ability to understand the requirements of different business domains and technicalities of software engineering.
Ability to communicate effectively with different project stakeholders.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- Experience2 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (36)
- Quality Assurance Engineer Jobs at H huex Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Quality Assurance Lead Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Full-stack PHP Developer Jobs at Scopic Software in Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at QrioMatrix in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at CreativeHub in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Saberion in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time