Associate Software Developer
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Listed below are the typical duties and responsibilities expected of an individual for the job title described in this document. The items specified below are a guideline of the minimum expectations for the job title; changes will be made on a case-by-case basis for individuals who show potential to take on more opportunities.
Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensures that code artifacts produced are of the highest quality, conforming to set or agreed upon standards. Should advocate such consistency to all members of the team.
- Follows the Pearson processes, agile practices and motivates his/her team members to do so.
- Escalates and communicates issues, risks and concerns to leads or managers.
- Provides realistic and accurate estimates and achieve on-time Delivery.
- Makes optimum utilization of engineering tools and technologies to maintain a high productivity level in the team
- Accepts project delivery responsibilities and demonstrates accountability to leadership.
- Builds competencies in product and technology domain to set expectations.
- Align self to organizational goals
- Adhere to Pearson values and ethical practices.
- Maintains a sense of individuality in thinking and decision making.
- Is a professional in work aspects as well as conduct with other individuals.
This position has no managerial responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
Individual should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Information Technology. Individuals who have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or a specialization in the Engineering field will also be considered.The individual should have a minimum of one (1) year of industry experience in Software Engineering / Web Application Development, Programming and Design and preferably some experience in a leadership role.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in at least one technology stack (React AND/OR NodeJS) and good working knowledge of open-source tools and technologies.
- Knowledge and Experience in unit testing frameworks like Jest, Enzyme, Karma
- Knowledge and Experience in Database design and development in MySQL
- Knowledge and Experience in source control systems like Bitbucket, Gitlab
- Knowledge and Experience in IDEs like VS Code
- Knowledge and Experience in CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins and Gitlab
- Knowledge and Experience in Agile practices
- A good understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including English language skills) and the ability to interact promptly and professionally with teams across different time zones.
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly and share knowledge with other team members
- The desire to learn and continuously improve on product quality, performance, and other non-functional requirements.
- Provision of in-depth technical skills to fix ad hoc incidents/problems, mentoring and supporting DevOps teams to ensure best practice.
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Amazon Certifications
- Oracle Certifications ( Java , Middleware , Database , Operating Systems)
- Microsoft Certifications
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Zend Certified Engineer (ZCE)
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 10415
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (381)
Graphic Designing Internship at Dilmah Tea in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Internship
Senior Graphic Designer Jobs at Wonder Labs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Graphic Designer Jobs at Visual Studios Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 31, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Developer Jobs at CAREER141 in Sri Lanka (Remote) on March 31, 2023 Full-Time