Associate Software Developer-Remote
Associate Software Developer in TestNav’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize other development languages as appropriate.
- Write automation testing scripts and debug issues
- Participate in all stages of software development, including planning, requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, and maintenance.
- Understand and perform basic analysis of previously written software and be able to modify and maintain the code.
- Help create an environment of collaboration and world-class software engineering practices.
- Participate in reviews of own work and work of colleagues – employee’s code will be reviewed, and employee will be happy to review others’ work.
- Perform development tasks with a high level of quality, and within scheduled time frames.
Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on the company’s success.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering, or related field, or foreign equivalent, or equivalent;
- Experience with Object-Oriented and MVC programming.
- Experience using and developing service-oriented applications and web services (RESTful API).
- Knowledge of Linux platforms.
- Knowledge of agile software development practices.
- Experience interfacing with user experience designers and providing technical feedback to influence/inform design.
- Knowledge of Java and J2EE is a plus.
- Experience with problem-solving, analysis, design, and testing.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Research experience required.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $60,000-75,000. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
Related Jobs (48)
Software Engineer at Dialog Axiata PLC in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2022 Full-Time
Implementation Engineer – Intern, Opportunity At Codevus, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2022 Internship
Software Engineer Intern, Opportunity at TeamUp, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2022 Internship
Software Developer Jobs At Pearson, Chennai, India on September 23, 2022 Full-Time
Principal Software Engineer Jobs At Pearson, Sri Lanka on September 23, 2022 Full-Time
Intern – IT, Vacancies At ADA, Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 20, 2022 Internship
Software Java Developer Jobs At Pearson, United States on September 16, 2022 Full-Time