Associate Software Engineer
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Listed below are the typical duties and responsibilities expected of an individual for the job title described in this document. The items specified below are a guideline of the minimum expectations for the job title; changes will be made on a case-by-case basis for individuals who show potential to take on more responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned time to time.
- Ensures that code artifacts produced are of the highest quality, conforming to set or agreed upon standards.
- Follows the Pearson practices and processes and motivates his/her team members to do so.
- Escalates and communicates issues, risks and concerns to leads or managers.
- Provides realistic and accurate estimates and achieve on-time Delivery.
- Makes optimum utilization of engineering tools and technologies to maintain a high productivity level in the team
- Accepts project delivery responsibilities and demonstrate accountability to leadership.
- Builds competencies in product and technology domain to the desired level.
- Aligns self to organisational goals.
- Adhere to Pearson values and ethical practices.
- Maintains a sense of individuality in thinking and decision making.
- Is a professional in work aspects as well as conduct with other individuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
Individual should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Information Technology. Individuals who have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or a specialization in the Engineering field will also be considered.The individual should have minimum one (1) years of industry experience in software engineering and design.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Very good understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in in Java and related technologies.
- A good understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact promptly and professionally with teams across different time zones.
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly and share knowledge with other team members
- Desirable Experience or Knowledge in the following areas:
- Web Application Development
- UI / UX Technologies
- Source control systems
- Unit testing and test automation frameworks
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and technologies
- Agile practices
- Web and Application Servers (Weblogic , Tomcat , IIS)
- Web Services – RESTful Web Services , SOAP Services
- Database design and programming
- Responsive Web Design
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Oracle Certifications ( Java , Middleware , Database , Operating Systems)
- Microsoft Certifications
- Certified Scrum Developer ( CSD)
- Zend Certified Engineer (ZCE)
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 9976
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience1 Year
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (45)
- Senior Frontend Developer Jobs at Kognitiv Corporation in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- DevOps Application Engineer Jobs at Synopsys Inc in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Data Engineer Jobs at Insighture in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Internship at Almas Equities in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 26, 2024 Internship
- Senior Game Developer Jobs at Matific in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer II Jobs at Zebra Technologies in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – Java Jobs at Digiratina in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer (iOS) Jobs at Aeturnum in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior DevOps Engineers Jobs at Sysco LABS in Western Province, Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior PHP Developer Jobs at Techlabs Global Private Ltd in Sri Lanka on February 21, 2024 Full-Time