Associate Software Quality Engineer, Front End
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Front-End Department builds the Agoda web and app products. We have several teams in front-end focusing on different aspects of our products including accommodations, flights, payments, marketing, post-booking services, and more. Agoda’s marketplace is the world. We build localized and optimized user experiences at scale on every major internet platform. These include our mobile websites, native apps, and desktop sites. We hire people from around the world who have a passion for using technology to create and implement the best user experiences. Our teams work on the full stack and build end-to-end systems including user interfaces, APIs, backend systems, and database systems. Our products are always evolving and under experimentation. We accomplish this by having an amazing degree of automation, CI/CD systems, and use a modularized approach. As we are data driven and measure our results, we continually innovate and improve our work. We are looking for the next great talent who strives to learn and grow and has a standard of excellence, strong sense of ownership, and great technical skills.
This is an entry level role in Agoda. We are looking for people who are driven, fast learners, and have an education and background in technology. If you’re looking to get into a great company with great opportunities, we encourage you to apply.
You are required to have an education in computer science or engineering. We expect you to be able to code and learn more and more. This role is about a quality engineering focus, but it is a great place to begin a career and an onramp into our Senior, SDET, and development positions.
Being a Quality Engineer at Agoda isn’t just about testing software. It’s about driving a culture of innovation and excellence that the rapidly changing field of online travel requires – you will be a key team player involved in the ideation of new business requirements, continue our drive to architect more accurate and efficient development and production systems, drive a culture of quality for the team’s business processes, get hands-on with development of software tools, and be one of Agoda’s most advanced technicians – configuring, building, verifying, and deploying global software systems at one of the largest tech companies in Asia.
For us, quality in what we build is essential. To scale our business, to delight our customers with our products, to allow us to develop and deploy quickly, to balance our massive scale with any potential risk, in essence to compete at the top level – all require the highest degree of quality. We look for people who look to go from good to great, people who are willing to speak up and say together we can do things better.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Define and execute the quality and verification strategies for your team’s efforts. These include specifications, quality initiatives, coverage, measuring success, and building in the right analytics to guarantee a high degree of reliability and insight.
- Build on the Agoda quality culture to bring it into everything we do. Research, participate in workshops, try new approaches, innovate, experiment, and invent.
- Create new tools and quality systems to optimize Agoda technology business value. We deploy fast but want to be even faster – lead time and uptime are both KPIs. Create advanced quality systems to push the limits.
- Become an expert in Agoda’s platforms, products, and best practices in software engineering.
- Be there for support – when our systems have issues you have the critical role to save the day. You know the systems, you deployed them, you’re the expert, you work with developers to fix them.
- Learn from experts in the industry. Get mentored by Seniors and developers who have years of experience in the latest technologies.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT related field
- Programming skills in any language and ready to learn much more – C#, Java, Scala, Python are preferred
- Basic data platform skills in SQL are required
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great communication and coordination skills
- Good command of the English language
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience in Test automation is a plus
- Experience in Agile Methodology is a plus
- Experience in creating CI/CD systems
- Experience in data analytics skills scripting, calculations, statistics, advanced SQL, Big Data – Hadoop, ELK, Grafana
- Experience in configure infrastructure – Git, Selenium, Linux VMs, Docker, K8s, and Network concepts
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationBachelor's Degree
Related Jobs (31)
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Capricon in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 19, 2024 Full-Time
- DevOps Engineer Jobs at zMessenger (Pvt) Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 19, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Prologics IT Solutions in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 19, 2024 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer – React JS Jobs at Mad Mobile LK in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 19, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Architect Jobs at Mad Mobile LK in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 19, 2024 Full-Time
- Software Engineer (Backend) Jobs at Softvil Technologies in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 15, 2024 Full-Time
- Lead Cloud Engineer – Azure Jobs at TIQRI in Colombo, Sri Lanka on February 15, 2024 Full-Time
- Big Data Developer Jobs at MEXXAR in Kandy, Sri Lanka on February 15, 2024 Full-Time