Climate & Nature Program Coordinator
Is Impact one of your key drivers? Unilever Climate & Nature Fund is looking for its first Climate & Nature Program Coordinator. This is an exciting leadership role in Unilever’s Climate & Nature Fund Team and a unique opportunity to join a new adventure that will spearhead the sustainable transformation in fast moving consumer goods.
In 2020, Unilever announced the creation of a €1 billion fund to be used over the next 10 years to take meaningful and decisive action to protect the health of the planet and connect sustainability with our superior value creation model.
The Fund team will support our brands and businesses to identify, select and structure relevant program and projects. Landscape restoration, reforestation, carbon sequestration, wildlife protection and water preservation are all within the scope of this fund, building on Unilever’s brand-led initiatives that are already underway.
The role will lead a portfolio of projects in the C&N Fund portfolio. Leading includes strategy design and implementing balanced scorecards and metrics with portfolio sustainability and procurement teams which will be used to manage and track implementation across strategic suppliers and the tail supply base and across portfolios. The role will also have the responsibility for putting in place actions and further sales & operations planning which will systematically drive improved transparency and traceability across Unilever’s supply chain.
The role will require capability to manage the achievement of portfolio programs and targets with external partners, procurement portfolios and supplier teams while having an acute financial acumen to manage cost and return on investments in this area.
The role requires leadership ability, exceptional project and stakeholder management skills, excellent communication capability, analytical skills.
The job scope will consist of:
Coordinate all key steps of C&N Fund projects portfolio with internal and external stakeholders
- Build an efficient working atmosphere with all project stakeholders to reach alignment on the ambition of the C&N fund
- Be a source of proposals and creativity regarding the orientation given to new large-scale projects
Identify best-in-class nature based and technical models adapted to local geographies for farmers and UL brand and sourcing teams
- Co-build the technical impact model with technical experts, NGOs, private companies, Sustainable Sourcing team
- Be a point of contact for market business unit both identifying needs and to ensuring projects impact are fully leveraged at their benefit
- Implement KPI’s to monitor the measure of project impacts across the full value chain
ALL ABOUT YOU
Personal Competencies Required:
- Must be a self-starter with strong Bias for Action, Accountability & Responsibility and Growth Mindset
- Must be able to manage and lead senior relationships with senior internal stakeholders
- Must be a strong executor, being able to work independently and virtually
- Must lead both processes and people across a broad and diverse geographic and business environment
- Strong at selling ideas to his/her business partners, internally and externally, translating these into effective proposals conveying value and communicating it accordingly
- Professional sustainability qualification, Environmental Studies, Environmental Economics, or other relevant major
- Project management experience
- Exceptional analytical skills and strategic thinking capabilities
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Market awareness and insights of commodities across the business
- Proven leadership and change management capability
Professional Skills & Experience Required:
- Professional experience related to the fields of sustainability, sustainable sourcing, environmental and social development work
- Expertise in agronomics/agroecology/forestry management is a plus
- Strong program and change management skills in sourcing, operations, supply chain
- Proven experience in a division and market context to enhance the C&N Fund connection to the business
- Demonstrated ability to motivate/influence colleagues and in the process holding oneself as well as others accountable for reaching ambitiously set targets
- Strong stakeholder management & communication
- Experience in dealing with environmental and social non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Experience in commodity standards, certification, and roundtables
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience1 Year
- QualificationBachelor's Degree