Credit Analyst, CCIB Client Coverage
About the job
The Role Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
- Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective.
- Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio
- Interact with the client, gather client details, transaction requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Work with the RM, in a) obtaining required pre clearances b) preparing & presenting work-shopping notes c) submitting timely BCA’s and d) expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Raptor, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country Portfolio Standard check-off, Regulatory check-off, AML check, other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Liaise with GAM and GAM Credit for approvals/ limit allocations, etc.
- Support RM on RCAF meetings or risk meetings as appropriate.
- Coordinate with other risk teams such as ESRA/ RepRisk or similar to obtain necessary clearances.
- Responsible for End to End Business Credit Application process Responsible for end-to-end Business Credit Application process.
- Prepare call reports as required.
- Obtaining quarterly/annual / interim financials from the client.
Post Deal Account monitoring
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking excess/past dues, strictly complying with ASTAR, EAR processes together with RM / CCM.
- Obtain quarterly/annual /interim financials from the client and ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports.
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
- Ensure Zero BCA over dues.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Proper maintenance of Credit files and ensuring Audit Ready at any time.
- Attend EAR/Portfolio call/MTM calls along with the RMs.
- In partnership with the relationship manager, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR as per the bank’s policies and guidelines.
- Ensure all AML/Customer Due Diligence policies and procedures per group and the local regulator are adhered to in opening, reviewing, and monitoring accounts. Ensure zero tolerance method for this aspect, within the business as appropriate. Report any breaches or suspicious persons/relationships.
- Ensure compliance with local controls and regulations, Group Code of Conduct , Money Laundering Prevention Policies and Procedures / CDD guidelines in prevention of frauds, forgeries and losses
- Ensure compliance with Group’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Relationship Managers, Credit Officers, Field Account Managers, Integrated Middle Office, Product Partners
- Prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required.
- Prepare specific industry study, if and when required.
- Prepare Credit Opinion reports, if and when required.
- Effective use of Credit Mate & RMWB.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business or accounting related degree MBA/ACA / BSC/BBA/CIMA is a mandatory
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a corporate banking environment of which minimum 2 years should be of managing Financial institutions client relationships.
- Sound understanding of corporate treasury products, trade finance products, consumer banking products and international banking products.
- Credit appraisal and marketing skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial information preferred.
- A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of Sri Lanka.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
- High quality experience in a credit management position with proven ability to manage a team / work in a team.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
ExperienceMore than 5 Years
INDUSTRYAccountancy, Banking and Finance