Customer Business Manager – Convenience, Confectionery
This is a full time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Business Manager for the Confectionery category within the Wholesale & Convenience Channel. This is a high profile role within the Confectionery Sales team, working with some high profile and exciting High Street and Travel accounts – the role is about delighting our customers and delivering exceptional results.
In the Nestlé Sales Team, we have created an exciting environment where we all feel we belong, we are the best we can be, and we win together. We want people to feel they can be themselves, dare greatly and believe their best is yet to come.
We are passionate about attracting and retaining great people who will bring energy and a desire to contribute to our ambition to develop a team that achieves full potential in its people and its customers.
A day in the life of Customer Business Manager
Working as part of our Sales team, you will be responsible for the development, management and execution of the Confectionery plan within the Wholesale & Convenience channel.
- You’ll be responsible for the management and growth of 3 high profile existing accounts, including full P&L accountability, forecast accuracy, pricing and deductions
- Creating Joint Business Plans with the customers to deliver sustainable, profitable growth
- You’ll be the face of the customer both internally and externally, building plans that are fit for purpose and working cross functionally to ensure smooth execution of an agreed plan
- Manage the relationship between Nestlé and the existing customer base plus the development of key accounts that Nestlé currently do not trade with. These will be undertaken at both strategic and tactical level.
- Key outputs will be to deliver profitable volume and value growth and market share for Nestlé UK brands, accountability for the full P&L delivery for the defined portfolio of customers.
- Ongoing knowledge of competitor activity and market intelligence within the sector, and support with the development channel strategy to ensure we have the tools we need to win in this area now and in the future.
- Part of this role will be focused on unlocking clearly defined new business opportunities
- Construct and maintain trading terms
- Build and develop effective relationships through appropriate contact strategy
- Cross functional working internally with key stakeholders
- On-going promotion evaluation where relevant
- Ensure day-to-day account issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently, and with a customer focus.
- Provide insight to develop and evolve our strategy within the channel in order to enable us to accelerate growth
- Develop relationships with counterparts in other Nestlé Divisions to share learnings and drive efficiency for Trade Shows etc.
What will make you successful
- Commercial experience within a Sales role is essential, gained within the FMCG industry – preferably within Food categories
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- An understanding of supply chain and demand planning principles
- Excellent Category Management skills
- Highly numerate with good understanding of P&Ls
- Ability to credibly communicate and influence using reliable data and facts
- You’ll be able to demonstrate curiosity and an opportunistic mind-set, hold a proven track record of building relationships (both internally and externally) and influencing a wide range of stakeholders
- An understanding of how to create joint value that delights customers and grows profits for both businesses
- A positive, “can do” attitude
- Consistent and unquestionable drive to deliver exceptional outcomes in our P&L
- Strong time management, organisation and ability to prioritise
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- The ability to learn quickly and pride yourself in owning your personal development journey
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelManager
- ExperienceNot Specified
- QualificationAdvanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma
Related Jobs (18)
- Human Resources Executive Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 3, 2023 Full-Time
- Merchandiser – Bulk Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 4, 2023 Full-Time
- Merchandiser – Bulk Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on October 2, 2023 Full-Time
- Head of Product Management Jobs at Wavenet in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Undergraduate Trainee – Employer Branding Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Merchandiser – Product Development Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Intern – HR Internship at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Internship
- Management Accountant Jobs at Brandix in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 27, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive – Human Resources Jobs at MAS Holdings in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 26, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Executive HR (Onboarding) Jobs at Accenture in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on September 25, 2023 Full-Time