Customer Engineer, Infrastructure Modernization Specialist, Google Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with workload migrations, analyzing factors such as scalability, disaster recovery, and availability.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- Advanced degree in a technical field like Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment.
- Experience with application development technologies, architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable and secure distributed systems.
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, and/or Big Data technologies and containers.
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS, FaaS (XaaS).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work cross-functionally to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective and existing customers/partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions, assist architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s clients, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations, guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environment(s), provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology