Softvil Technologies Private Limited
As a data engineer you will:
- Design, develop and maintain an infrastructure for streaming, processing and storage of data. Build tools for effective maintenance and monitoring of the data infrastructure.
- Contribute to key data pipeline architecture decisions and lead the implementation of major
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop scalable and performant solutions for their data requirements, including extraction, transformation and loading of data from a range of data
- Develop the team’s data capabilities – share knowledge, enforce best practices and encourage data-driven decisions.
- Develop data retention policies, backup strategies and ensure that the firm’s data is stored
redundantly and securely.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of distributed computing principles.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of building scalable and performant data infrastructure.
- Expert SQL knowledge and deep experience working with relational and NoSQL
- Advanced knowledge of Apache Kafka and demonstrated proficiency in Hadoop v2, HDFS, and MapReduce.
- Experience with stream-processing systems (e.g. Storm, Spark Streaming), big data querying tools (e.g. Pig, Hive, Spark) and data serialization frameworks (e.g. Protobuf, Thrift, Avro).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top
- Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
- An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company
- The opportunity to work with a high performing team
- A competitive salary package (Pegged to USD)
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
- The chance of being a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
If you’re up for the challenge and would like to be considered, please send your CV to email@example.com
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (429)
Senior QA Engineer Jobs at Aventude in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Refcoins in Sri Lanka (Remote) on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at OREL IT in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Python Developer Jobs at Innodata Lanka in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Associate Software Engineer Jobs at Codevus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Serviceform in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at CuSolid in Colombo, Sri Lanka on January 27, 2023 Full-Time
Senior / Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs at IFS in Colombo, Sri Lanka. on January 27, 2023 Full-Time