Data Management Engineer
The Data Engineer is part of a team responsible for supporting corporate and customer based reporting, as well as on-demand data needs for the organization. Under the direction of the Manager of Business Intelligence Systems, this individual will participate in the planning, design, development, and implementation of solutions to address ongoing business reporting opportunities and needs.
Develop impactful and accurate reports, dashboards, and other data visualizations.
- Communicate effectively across multiple departments and with stakeholders to review business requirements and propose solutions.
- Support cross-team requirement and development efforts for multiple projects.
- Maintain data integrity and ongoing quality of delivered reports.
- Support ad hoc reporting as necessary for outside departments.
- Identify data quality issues and work with appropriate teams to resolve them.
- Document design, deployment, and operating procedures for each report.
Other duties as assigned.
This is a fully remote position, the applicant will need the ability to work from home or during off-hours as necessary.
- Proven experience with report design and ability to present data meaningfully using Power BI, Reporting Services and/or MS Excel
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of database structures and query optimization.
- Strong knowledge of SQL with experience querying large complex data models.
- Experience with creation and maintenance of database objects.
- Good communication skills with the ability to understand and translate user requests into technical requirements.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Creativity to discover multiple solutions to business intelligence problems.
- High-speed Internet access at home.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems or related disciplines.
- Experience with other tools in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (Integration Services, Analysis Services).
- Familiarity with Sharepoint.
Required for the Interview
- The ability to demonstrate work experience by providing report examples and source code.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (73)
Full Stack Engineer Jobs at CodeTech in Sri Lanka (Remote) on November 24, 2022 Full-Time
Senior Software Engineer – React Jobs at Mind Plus in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 23, 2022 Full-Time
.NET Engineer Jobs at Sydpro in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 23, 2022 Full-Time
Web Developer Jobs at Zuse Technologies in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka on November 22, 2022 Full-Time
Associate Software Engineer – React Jobs at ConceptVines in Colombo, Sri Lanka on November 22, 2022 Full-Time
Junior Web Developer (PHP) Jobs at Web Axel in Battaramulla, Sri Lanka on November 22, 2022 Full-Time