About the job
What we do:
Kognitiv enables leading organizations to form collaborative commerce networks, unearth value for their consumers, and markedly improve returns.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv enables collaborative commerce through its proprietary technology platform and performance model for leading global brands to build their own peer-to-peer trading networks. In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions companies came together to create a technology-forward business, employing over 500 people across 20 countries worldwide. With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv brings to life a world where brands work together to create new opportunities for less, gain direct access to new audiences, and create network effects where everyone wins, all the time.
About the opportunity:
This is an exciting time to work for Kognitiv as we develop some of the most challenging and transformative technology projects the organization has ever seen.
This is an exciting time to work for Kognitiv as we develop some of the most challenging and transformative technology projects the organization has ever seen. You’ll have a chance to shape the future and join us in our goal to develop exceptional cloud infrastructure to support Kognitiv’s Collaborative Commerce Platform. Our Platform and Data Foundation teams are tasked with building the core cloud infrastructure which will support critical components of the platform.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you take a lead in the infrastructure design for Kognitiv Platform components and are key contributor to the reliability of the platform. Working in this critical role, you will have the challenging and rewarding responsibility of executing on the cloud strategy for the platform and drive innovation.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Create and maintain Infrastructure as Code
- Automate work to manage engineering, test and production environments
- Mentor and train junior engineers in the team and play an active role on talent development
- Use standard tools and processes to deploy code and support environments, including support for quality assurance, monitoring, incident management, and backup and disaster recovery
- Manage requests for change in accordance with platform strategy, standards and governance
- Ensure environments comply with standards for security such as scanning, patching and encryption
- Keep current with evolving cloud technology and implement improvements to the hosting standards
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks on the running environments
Who are you?
We are looking for a talented team player who has a strong background working for a technology-driven business, and who displays the following skills, knowledge, and attributes.
Background and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of software development and DevOps/Cloud engineering role
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with cloud technologies, preferably Microsoft and AWS
- Experience implementing DevOps principles in larger organizations/large scale
- Experience working with Agile teams and collaborating with multi-function teams to deliver projects
- Track record of delivering modern cloud-native solutions
- Deep knowledge and proficiency with at least one public cloud provider. (Candidates with Azure experience will have an advantage.)
- Expertise at programming/scripting with languages like Python, Groovy, Bash, Go, PowerShell, ruby etc.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is preferred
- Expert knowledge of Linux operating system but able to comfortably work on windows servers, as well
- Experience in designing CI/CD pipelines using tools/services like Git, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory, Sonar, Gitlab, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience with Terraform or similar declarative “Infrastructure as Code” tools is highly desired
- Experience with orchestration and system configuration tools such as Puppet, Chef, ARM templates, CloudFormation, etc.
- Very good Networking Knowledge (HTTP/TCP/UDP)
- Expert knowledge and experience with web hosting and running micro services – Nginx, Apache HTTPD, Reverse Proxy servers, Load Balancing standards
- Understanding of database systems – SQL, RDBMS, NoSQL
- Experience in designing highly scalable and secure web servers – caching standards, CDNs, web application firewalls
We are a passionate, innovative organization with just over 500 team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Sri Lanka.
Offered SalaryNot Specified
Career LevelNot Specified
INDUSTRYComputer and technology
Related Jobs (380)
Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Techscrolll in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time
Software Engineer Jobs at Simsyn Pvt Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka on March 24, 2023 Full-Time