The DevOps Engineer manages and improves the communication between the Product Owners, Operational, and developmental sides of the software development lifecycle process. Their main duties include leading the development team to product launch.
Roles and Responsibilities include
- Work with the Product Owner and Technical leader to guide teams in designing, building, testing, and deploying changes to multiple cloud environments.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across multiple scrum teams
- Schedule incremental application releases removing impediments and conflicts per the release windows for each production and non-production environment.
- Coordinate release risk and dependencies with Scrum team, product owner, technical leads, and cloud infrastructure owner to resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Support the company’s IT infrastructure security protocols
- Identify manual processes that can be automated
- Consider the organization’s entire IT infrastructure when making changes and improvements
- Measure and monitor the progress of each requirement or story to ensure application release candidates are promoted and tested in non-production environments before deployment in the production environment.
- Monitor and validate lifecycle traceability and required documentation implementation for incremental application releases
- Coordinate infrastructure dependencies in application releases
- Produce Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) framework for each application release in support of audits
- Coordinate release contents and negotiate efforts based on the stakeholder agreements
- Work with the product owner to manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams across application platforms
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, and demonstrations for Product Go/No-Go approvals
- Produce Deployment Implementation and Backout Plans and facilitate installations
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required for both production and nonproduction deployments
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities for assigned application scrum teams
- Attend and facilitate team collaboration and scrum calls to facilitate software lifecycle
- Present release package in the engineering review board (ECRB) and CAB (Change Advisory Board)
- Facilitate Release Retrospectives
- Coordinate, maintain, and facilitate monitoring plan with scrum team and production support as needed
- Ensure monitoring and support engagement after each release.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- ExperienceNot Specified
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationAdvanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma