Director Software Engineering – R&D Mobile Experience
A Director Software Engineering (Engineering Leader) for the Mobile Experience team is responsible for the process of delivering software at IFS relating development investments to the overall R&D Product Strategy. The ability to articulate the What and Why to their teams based on their close working relationships with both Product and Program Managers is key to the success of individuals in this role.
The Mobile Experience team is responsible for providing a seamless mobility platform for IFS that covers the building, publishing and managing of native Apps on Android, iOS and Windows. We focus on propelling innovation, staying current with mobile operating systems and delivering a delightful experience for our customers.
An Engineering Leader establishes and looks to continuously improve consistent development processes in line with the wider industry to ensure the timely delivery of high quality, secure, and performant software. These processes include but are not limited to automated testing at multiple levels, code reviews, security reviews, and the evolution of the architecture.
The Mobile Experience team works closely with various teams across R&D so collaboration and coordination are key skills we are looking for. In addition, we have to focus on UX to ensure we deliver great user experiences.
An Engineering Leader coaches and builds both teams and individuals and is responsible for appraising their direct reports. Each team member should have achievable but stretching goals to allow for personal growth and career development. Should there be the need then poor performance will be addressed for the good of both the individual and the team. Engineering leaders play a key role in the recruitment of new and will look to upskill the team at any available opportunity.
An Engineering Leader should also foster good proactive relationships with stakeholders across IFS, including but not limited to colleagues in support. Engineering Leaders will look to minimize the amount of R&D time their teams spend supporting the product and minimize escalations by delivering high quality, well documented software with a “right first time” approach and attitude. There should be regular engagement with the Support Leaders to feedback areas of concern and take affirmative action to address problems as they arise.
- University degree, or equivalent professional qualifications in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role within software development
- Used to prioritizing and taking decisions
- Used to presenting, leading, inspiring, and engaging people
- Experience of agile development methodology
- Experience of leading globally distributed teams
- Experience in C#, Xamarin, Java, and Container technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience in leading a development team creating and supporting Android and iOS apps is an advantage
- Experience in developing enterprise grade mobile apps is an advantage.
- Offered SalaryNot Specified
- Career LevelNot Specified
- Experience3 Years
- INDUSTRYComputer and technology
- QualificationNot Specified
Related Jobs (121)
- Software Engineer Jobs at Ambrum Solutions in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 14, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Jobs at Typefi Systems in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 14, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior Software Engineer [Java / React] Jobs at Altrium in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 14, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior PHP Developer Jobs at xDigital Solutions in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 14, 2023 Full-Time
- Senior PHP Developer Jobs at The RBOL Group in Colombo , Sri Lanka on September 14, 2023 Full-Time
- Software Engineer Jobs at IITMatrix in Sri Lanka (remote) on September 13, 2023 Full-Time
- Laravel Engineer Jobs at iLabs in Battaramulla, Sri Lanka on September 13, 2023 Full-Time
- Associate PHP Developer ( Laravel ) Jobs at iLabs in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 13, 2023 Full-Time
- Full Stack Engineer Jobs at Veracity Careers in Colombo, Sri Lanka on September 13, 2023 Full-Time